Physical activity levels and functional performance in the osteoarthritis initiative: A graded relationship
Article first published online: 28 DEC 2010
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 63, Issue 1, pages 127–136, January 2011
How to Cite
Dunlop, D. D., Song, J., Semanik, P. A., Sharma, L. and Chang, R. W. (2011), Physical activity levels and functional performance in the osteoarthritis initiative: A graded relationship. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 63: 127–136. doi: 10.1002/art.27760
- Issue published online: 28 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 28 DEC 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 SEP 2010 09:14AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUN 2010
- NIH (National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases). Grant Numbers: P60-AR-48098, R01-AR-055287, R01-AR-054155, R21-AR-059412
- NIH, a branch of the US Department of Health and Human Services. Grant Numbers: N01-AR-2-2258, N01-AR-2-2259, N01-AR-2-2260, N01-AR-2-2261, N01-AR-2-2262
- OAI Study Investigators
- Merck Research Laboratories
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Foundation for the National Institutes of Health
- 2Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. US obesity trends. URL: http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html.
- 3US Department of Commerce. Unprecedented global aging examined in new Census Bureau Report commissioned by the National Institute on Aging. US Census Bureau News. http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/aging_population/cb09-108.html.
- 6United States Bone and Joint Decade. The burden of musculoskeletal diseases in the United States. Rosemont (IL): American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; 2008.
- 8Cost of musculoskeletal diseases: impact of work disability and functional decline. J Rheumatol Suppl 2003; 68: 8–11..
- 9Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee. Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee report, 2008. Washington: Dept. of Health and Human Services; 2008.
- 20Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee. Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee report, 2008. Part H: Research recommendations. Washington: Dept. of Health and Human Services; 2008.
- 21Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A national public health agenda for osteoarthritis 2010. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Arthritis Foundation; 2010.
- 22Osteoarthritis Initiative. Public data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative, a knee health study. 2008. URL: http://www.oai.ucsf.edu/datarelease/.
- 28OAI Version 0.2.1 08/17/2007. Subject characteristics, risk factors. Release comments. San Francisco: Osteoarthritis Initiative Coordinating Center; 2007. p. 28–32. , , , , , . Validation of the PASE in older adults with knee pain and physical disability. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1999; 31: 627–33..
- 33Osteoarthritis Initiative. Radioagraphic procedure manual for OAI protocol: Osteoarthritis Initiative: a knee health study. 2006. URL: http://www.oai.ucsf.edu/datarelease/OperationsManuals.asp. Accessed 3/22/2010.
- 41SAS/STAT software: release 9.02. Carey (NC): SAS Institute; 2008.
- 42US Dept. of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration. Manual on uniform traffic control devices for streets and highways. 2003. URL: http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov. Accessed 12/11/2009.