Drs. Mease, Genovese, Gladstein, and Kivitz have received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Bristol-Myers Squibb (less than $10,000), and Dr. Mease has also received a research grant from Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Abatacept in the treatment of patients with psoriatic arthritis: Results of a six-month, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase II trial†
Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 63, Issue 4, pages 939–948, April 2011
How to Cite
Mease, P., Genovese, M. C., Gladstein, G., Kivitz, A. J., Ritchlin, C., Tak, P. P., Wollenhaupt, J., Bahary, O., Becker, J.-C., Kelly, S., Sigal, L., Teng, J. and Gladman, D. (2011), Abatacept in the treatment of patients with psoriatic arthritis: Results of a six-month, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase II trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 63: 939–948. doi: 10.1002/art.30176
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00534313.
- Issue online: 3 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 DEC 2010 12:01PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Received: 8 APR 2010
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 10Sustained benefits of infliximab therapy for dermatologic and articular manifestations of psoriatic arthritis: results from the Infliximab Multinational Psoriatic Arthritis Controlled Trial (IMPACT). Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 1227–36., , , , , , et al.
- 12Adalimumab Effectiveness in Psoriatic Arthritis Trial Study Group. Adalimumab for the treatment of patients with moderately to severely active psoriatic arthritis: results of a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 3279–89., , , , , , et al, for the
- 16Golimumab, a new human tumor necrosis factor α antibody, administered every four weeks as a subcutaneous injection in psoriatic arthritis: twenty-four–week efficacy and safety results of a randomized, placebo-controlled study. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 976–86., , , , , , et al.
- 19Alefacept treatment in psoriatic arthritis: reduction of the effector T cell population in peripheral blood and synovial tissue is associated with improvement of clinical signs of arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46: 2776–84., , , , , , et al.
- 20Alefacept in Psoriatic Arthritis Study Group. Alefacept in combination with methotrexate for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1638–45., , , on behalf of the
- 27Effects of abatacept in patients with methotrexate-resistant active rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 2006; 20; 144: 865–76., , , , , , et al.
- 32Blockade of T lymphocyte costimulation with cytotoxic T lymphocyte–associated antigen 4–immunoglobulin (CTLA4Ig) reverses the cellular pathology of psoriatic plaques, including the activation of keratinocytes, dendritic cells, and endothelial cells. J Exp Med 2000; 192: 681–94., , , , , , et al.
- 38How much improvement in functional status is considered important by patients with active psoriatic arthritis: applying the outcome measures in rheumatoid arthritis clinical trials (OMERACT) group guidelines. Ann Rheum Dis 2004; 63 Suppl 1: i39–45., , , .
- 43Joint damage in psoriatic arthritis: how is it assessed and can it be prevented? Int J Adv Rheumatol 2006; 4: 38–48., .