Dr. Kleinert has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Chugai, Roche, and Abbott (less than $10,000 each).
In vivo effects of the anti–interleukin-6 receptor inhibitor tocilizumab on the B cell compartment
Version of Record online: 27 APR 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 63, Issue 5, pages 1255–1264, May 2011
How to Cite
Roll, P., Muhammad, K., Schumann, M., Kleinert, S., Einsele, H., Dörner, T. and Tony, H.-P. (2011), In vivo effects of the anti–interleukin-6 receptor inhibitor tocilizumab on the B cell compartment. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 63: 1255–1264. doi: 10.1002/art.30242
- Issue online: 27 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 27 APR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 JAN 2011 12:08PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 5 MAY 2010
- Wilhelm Sander-Stiftung. Grant Number: 2006.037.2
- DFG. Grant Number: SFB 650, Project 16
- 3Mechanisms and pathologic significances in increase in serum interleukin-6 (IL-6) and soluble IL-6 receptor after administration of an anti–IL-6 receptor antibody, tocilizumab, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and Castleman disease. Blood 2008; 112: 3959–64., , , , , .
- 17IL-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab improves treatment outcomes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti-tumour necrosis factor biologicals: results from a 24-week multicentre randomised placebo-controlled trial [published erratum appears in Ann Rheum Dis 2009;68:296]. Ann Rheum Dis 2008; 67: 1516–23., , , , , , et al.
- 18Interleukin-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab reduces disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis with inadequate response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: the Tocilizumab in Combination With Traditional Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drug Therapy study. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58: 2968–80., , , , , , et al.
- 21Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .
- 24Rapid and sustained improvement in bone and cartilage turnover markers with the anti–interleukin-6 receptor inhibitor tocilizumab plus methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis patients with an inadequate response to methotrexate: results from a substudy of the multicenter double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of tocilizumab in inadequate responders to methotrexate alone. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62: 33–43., , , .
- 38Tocilizumab in systemic lupus erythematosus: data on safety, preliminary efficacy, and impact on circulating plasma cells from an open-label phase I dosage-escalation study. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62: 542–52., , , , , , et al.