Dr. Brookhart has received research grants and contracts from Amgen.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Trends in the incidence, demographics, and outcomes of end-stage renal disease due to lupus nephritis in the US from 1995 to 2006†
Version of Record online: 31 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 63, Issue 6, pages 1681–1688, June 2011
How to Cite
Costenbader, K. H., Desai, A., Alarcón, G. S., Hiraki, L. T., Shaykevich, T., Brookhart, M. A., Massarotti, E., Lu, B., Solomon, D. H. and Winkelmayer, W. C. (2011), Trends in the incidence, demographics, and outcomes of end-stage renal disease due to lupus nephritis in the US from 1995 to 2006. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 63: 1681–1688. doi: 10.1002/art.30293
Data for these analyses were provided by the US Renal Data System (USRDS), but the analysis and conclusions are those of the authors and do not represent USRDS or the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH.
- Issue online: 31 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 31 MAY 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 MAR 2011 12:18PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Received: 19 NOV 2010
- NIH (National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases)
- Office of Research on Women's Health. Grant Number: R01-AR-057327
- National Institute on Aging Career Development award. Grant Number: AG-027400
- NIH. Grant Number: K24-AR-055989
- 5European Working Party on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Morbidity and mortality in systemic lupus erythematosus during a 10-year period: a comparison of early and late manifestations in a cohort of 1,000 patients. Medicine (Baltimore) 2003; 82: 299–308., , , , , , et al,
- 22US Renal Data System. Researcher's guide to the USRDS database. Bethesda (MD): NIH, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases; 2006.
- 23US Census Bureau. Population estimates. URL: http://www.census.gov/popest/datasets.html.
- 24US Census Bureau. Census regions and divisions of the United States. URL: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/us_regdiv.pdf.
- 31Federal Register. Vol. 75, No. 155. Aug 12, 2010. Proposed rules. Department of Health and Human Services (US), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 42 CFR Part 413. URL: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2010-08-12/pdf/2010-18465.pdf.