Drs. Izquierdo and Cañete contributed equally to this work.
Synovial fibroblast hyperplasia in rheumatoid arthritis: Clinicopathologic correlations and partial reversal by anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy
Article first published online: 31 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 63, Issue 9, pages 2575–2583, September 2011
How to Cite
Izquierdo, E., Cañete, J. D., Celis, R., Del Rey, M. J., Usategui, A., Marsal, S., Sanmartí, R., Criado, G. and Pablos, J. L. (2011), Synovial fibroblast hyperplasia in rheumatoid arthritis: Clinicopathologic correlations and partial reversal by anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 63: 2575–2583. doi: 10.1002/art.30433
- Issue published online: 31 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 31 AUG 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 MAY 2011 10:32AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 29 OCT 2010
- Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria, Spain. Grant Numbers: PI08/0316, PI08/206, RETIC RD08/0075 [RIER]
- Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria
- 8Human inflammatory synovial fibroblasts induce enhanced myeloid cell recruitment and angiogenesis through a hypoxia-inducible transcription factor 1α/vascular endothelial growth factor–mediated pathway in immunodeficient mice. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 2926–34., , , , , , et al.
- 25Rheumatoid fibroblast-like synoviocytes overexpress the chemokine stromal cell–derived factor 1 (CXCL12), which supports distinct patterns and rates of CD4+ and CD8+ T cell migration within synovial tissue. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 2472–82., , , , , , et al.
- 31Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .
- 33Tumor necrosis factor α blockade reduces the synovial cell infiltrate early after initiation of treatment, but apparently not by induction of apoptosis in synovial tissue. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 2155–62., , , .
- 36ATTRACT Study Group. Evidence of radiographic benefit of treatment with infliximab plus methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis patients who had no clinical improvement: a detailed subanalysis of data from the Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor Trial in Rheumatoid Arthritis With Concomitant Therapy study. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 1020–30., , , , , , et al, for the