Purpura, cutaneous necrosis, and antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies associated with levamisole-adulterated cocaine
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 63, Issue 12, pages 3998–4001, December 2011
How to Cite
Graf, J., Lynch, K., Yeh, C.-L., Tarter, L., Richman, N., Nguyen, T., Kral, A., Dominy, S. and Imboden, J. (2011), Purpura, cutaneous necrosis, and antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies associated with levamisole-adulterated cocaine. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 63: 3998–4001. doi: 10.1002/art.30590
- Issue published online: 29 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 AUG 2011 10:09AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 22 NOV 2010
- The Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis
- 3Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Nationwide public health alert issued concerning life-threatening risk posed by cocaine laced with veterinary anti-parasite drug. URL: http://www.samhsa.gov/newsroom/advisories/090921vet5101.aspx.
- 4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Agranulocytosis associated with cocaine use: four States, March 2008-November 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2009; 58: 1381–5.
- 15Identification of levamisole impurities in illicit cocaine exhibits. DEA Resources, Microgram Journal 2008; 6. URL: http://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/journal_v6_num34/pg3.html., , .
- 17Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Office of Applied Studies. Results from the 2008 NSDUH: national findings. URL: http://oas.samhsa.gov/NSDUH/2k8NSDUH/2k8results.cfm#Ch2.