Dr. Østergaard has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Centocor, Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, MSD, UCB, and Wyeth (less than $10,000 each).
Significant improvement in synovitis, osteitis, and bone erosion following golimumab and methotrexate combination therapy as compared with methotrexate alone: A magnetic resonance imaging study of 318 methotrexate-naive rheumatoid arthritis patients†
Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 63, Issue 12, pages 3712–3722, December 2011
How to Cite
Østergaard, M., Emery, P., Conaghan, P. G., Fleischmann, R., Hsia, E. C., Xu, W. and Rahman, M. U. (2011), Significant improvement in synovitis, osteitis, and bone erosion following golimumab and methotrexate combination therapy as compared with methotrexate alone: A magnetic resonance imaging study of 318 methotrexate-naive rheumatoid arthritis patients. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 63: 3712–3722. doi: 10.1002/art.30592
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00264537.
- Issue online: 29 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 AUG 2011 10:09AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 3 NOV 2010
- Centocor Research & Development, a division of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development, LLC
- Schering-Plough/Merck Research Institute, Inc.
- 7Elucidation of the relationship between synovitis and bone damage: a randomized magnetic resonance imaging study of individual joints in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 64–71., , , , , , et al.
- 9Bone edema scored on magnetic resonance imaging scans of the dominant carpus at presentation predicts radiographic joint damage of the hands and feet six years later in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 1814–27., , , , , , et al.
- 12CIMESTRA Study Group. Radiographic progression and remission rates in early rheumatoid arthritis—MRI bone oedema and anti-CCP predicted radiographic progression in the 5-year extension of the double-blind randomised CIMESTRA trial. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69: 1789–95., , , , , , et al, and the
- 17The effects of golimumab on radiographic progression in rheumatoid arthritis: results of randomized controlled studies of golimumab before methotrexate therapy and golimumab after methotrexate therapy. Arthritis Rheum 2011; 63: 1200–10., , , , , , et al.
- 18Golimumab, a human anti–tumor necrosis factor α monoclonal antibody, injected subcutaneously every four weeks in methotrexate-naive patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: twenty-four–week results of a phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of golimumab before methotrexate as first-line therapy for early-onset rheumatoid arthritis [published erratum appears in Arthritis Rheum 2010;62:3005]. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 2272–83., , , , , , et al.
- 20Practical nonparametric statistics. 3rd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons; 1999. p. 396–406..
- 21Effects of hydroxychloroquine and sulphasalazine on progression of joint damage in rheumatoid arthritis. Lancet 1989; 333: 1036–8., , , , .
- 24The smallest detectable difference and sensitivity to change of magnetic resonance imaging and radiographic scoring of structural joint damage in rheumatoid arthritis finger, wrist and toe joints: a comparison of the OMERACT rheumatoid arthritis magnetic resonance imaging score applied to different joint combinations and the Sharp/van der Heijde radiographic score. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 2300–6., , , , .