Quality measurement and improvement in rheumatology: Rheumatoid arthritis as a case study
Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 63, Issue 12, pages 3649–3660, December 2011
How to Cite
Desai, S. P. and Yazdany, J. (2011), Quality measurement and improvement in rheumatology: Rheumatoid arthritis as a case study. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 63: 3649–3660. doi: 10.1002/art.30605
- Issue online: 29 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 AUG 2011 10:09AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 1 DEC 2010
- American College of Rheumatology Research and Education Foundation (Physician Scientist Development Award)
- Arthritis Foundation
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality/National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- Resource Evaluation and Allocation Committee at the University of California, San Francisco
- Rosalind Russell Center for Arthritis
- 1Affordable Care Act and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act. URL: http://www.healthcare.gov/index.html.
- 2Kaiser Family Foundation. What's in the stars? Quality ratings of Medicare Advantage plans, 2010. URL: http://www.kff.org/medicare/8025.cfm.
- 3The quality movement: rheumatologists need to be prepared. Pract View 2006; 1: 1–11., , .
- 4Lohr KN, ed. Medicare: a strategy for quality assurance. Washington DC: National Academy Press; 1990.
- 5American College of Rheumatology. Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug (DMARD) therapy. URL: http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/office/pqri/2010_measures/measure_108/measure108_description.pdf.
- 6National Quality Measures Clearinghouse. Selecting and using measures. URL: http://www.qualitymeasures.ahrq.gov/selecting-and-using/using.aspx.
- 12National Quality Measures Clearinghouse. Measures by domain. URL: http://www.qualitymeasures.ahrq.gov/selecting-and-using/using.aspx.
- 27US Department of Health and Human Services. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Physician Quality Reporting System. URL: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PQRI/.
- 28American College of Rheumatology. Rheumatology clinical registry: data-driven, optimal care. URL: http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/rcr.asp.
- 29Early experience with the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) Rheumatology Clinical Registry (RCR) [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62 Suppl 10: 993., , , .
- 30Measuring the effects of health information technology on quality of care: a novel set of proposed metrics for electronic quality reporting. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2009; 35: 359–69., , , , , .
- 40US Department of Health and Human Services. CMS EHR meaningful use overview. URL: https://www.cms.gov/ehrincentiveprograms/30_Meaningful_Use.asp#BOOKMARK1.
- 41Health information technology: integration of clinical workflow into meaningful use of electronic health records. Perspect Health Inf Manag 2010; 7: 1d., , .
- 62US Department of Health & Human Services. National Quality Strategy will promote better health, quality care for Americans. URL: http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2011pres/03/20110321a.html.