Dr. Furie has received research or grant support, travel support, and payment for review activities, board membership, and consultancy from Human Genome Sciences and GlaxoSmithKline (more than $10,000 each) and is a member of the BLISS-76 steering committee; he has served as a paid consultant to the investment analysts Gerson Lehrman Group, Guidepoint Global, and Lazard Ltd. (less than $10,000 each).
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
A phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled study of belimumab, a monoclonal antibody that inhibits B lymphocyte stimulator, in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus†
Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 63, Issue 12, pages 3918–3930, December 2011
How to Cite
Furie, R., Petri, M., Zamani, O., Cervera, R., Wallace, D. J., Tegzová, D., Sanchez-Guerrero, J., Schwarting, A., Merrill, J. T., Chatham, W. W., Stohl, W., Ginzler, E. M., Hough, D. R., Zhong, Z. J., Freimuth, W., van Vollenhoven, R. F. and BLISS-76 Study Group (2011), A phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled study of belimumab, a monoclonal antibody that inhibits B lymphocyte stimulator, in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 63: 3918–3930. doi: 10.1002/art.30613
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00410384.
- Issue online: 29 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 AUG 2011 10:08AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 16 FEB 2011
- Human Genome Sciences, Rockville, Maryland
- GlaxoSmithKline, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK
- NIH (General Clinical Research Center at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine). Grant Number: M01-RR-00043
- 15Five-year experience with belimumab, a BLyS-specific inhibitor, in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62 Suppl: S608., , , , , , et al.
- 22Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology. Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1725., for the
- 23SF-36 health survey: manual and interpretation guide. 2nd ed. Lincoln (RI): QualityMetric; 2000., , , .
- 24National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Adult Toxicity Tables. Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (DMID), 2001. URL: http://www.niaid.nih.gov/labsandresources/resources/dmidclinrsrch/pages/toxtables.aspx.
- 32Crossroads of B cell activation in autoimmunity: rationale of targeting B cells. J Rheumatol Suppl 2006; 77: 3–11..
- 34BLISS-52 and -76 and LBSL02/99 Study Groups. Safety profile of belimumab, a BLyS-specific inhibitor, in patients with active systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): pooled data from phase 2 and 3 studies [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62 Suppl: S491., , , , , , et al, and for the