Dr. Aletaha has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Abbott, Pfizer, MSD, UCB, and Roche (less than $10,000 each).
Joint damage in rheumatoid arthritis progresses in remission according to the Disease Activity Score in 28 joints and is driven by residual swollen joints†
Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 63, Issue 12, pages 3702–3711, December 2011
How to Cite
Aletaha, D. and Smolen, J. S. (2011), Joint damage in rheumatoid arthritis progresses in remission according to the Disease Activity Score in 28 joints and is driven by residual swollen joints. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 63: 3702–3711. doi: 10.1002/art.30634
This is a publication of the Joint and Bone Center for Diagnosis, Research and Therapy of Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Medical University of Vienna.
- Issue online: 29 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 SEP 2011 10:22AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 14 OCT 2010
- European Union Seventh Framework Programme (Coordination Theme 1 [Health], project Masterswitch). Grant Number: HEALTH-F2-2008-223404
- 6Active-Controlled Study of Patients Receiving Infliximab for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of Early Onset (ASPIRE) Study Group. Predictors of joint damage in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis treated with high-dose methotrexate with or without concomitant infliximab: results from the ASPIRE trial. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 702–10., , , , , , et al, for the
- 26Active-Controlled Study of Patients Receiving Infliximab for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of Early Onset Study Group. Combination of infliximab and methotrexate therapy for early rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 3432–43., , , , , , et al, for the
- 27PREMIER Investigators. The PREMIER study: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial of combination therapy with adalimumab plus methotrexate versus methotrexate alone or adalimumab alone in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis who had not had previous methotrexate treatment. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 26–37., , , , , , et al, for the
- 33Leflunomide Rheumatoid Arthritis Investigators Group. Treatment with leflunomide slows radiographic progression of rheumatoid arthritis: results from three randomized controlled trials of leflunomide in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2000; 43: 495–505., , , , , on behalf of the
- 35ATTRACT Study Group. Evidence of radiographic benefit of treatment with infliximab plus methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis patients who had no clinical improvement: a detailed subanalysis of data from the Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor Trial in Rheumatoid Arthritis with Concomitant Therapy. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 1020–30., , , , , , et al, for the
- 37Disconnect between inflammation and joint destruction after treatment with etanercept plus methotrexate: results from the Trial of Etanercept and Methotrexate with Radiographic and Patient Outcomes. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3119–25., , , , .
- 48IL-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab improves treatment outcomes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti-tumour necrosis factor biologicals: results from a 24-week multicentre randomised placebo-controlled trial [published erratum appears in Ann Rheum Dis 2009;68:296]. Ann Rheum Dis 2008; 67: 1516–23., , , , , , et al.