Dr. Askling has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pfizer (less than $10,000 each).
Treatment with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors and the risk of acute coronary syndromes in early rheumatoid arthritis
Version of Record online: 29 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 1, pages 42–52, January 2012
How to Cite
Ljung, L., Simard, J. F., Jacobsson, L., Rantapää-Dahlqvist, S., Askling, J. and Anti-Rheumatic Therapy in Sweden (ARTIS) Study Group (2012), Treatment with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors and the risk of acute coronary syndromes in early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 42–52. doi: 10.1002/art.30654
- Issue online: 29 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 DEC 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 AUG 2011 01:19PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 25 JAN 2011
- Swedish Research Council. Grant Numbers: K2010-52X-20307-04-3, K2008-52X-20611-01-3
- Swedish Rheumatism Association
- King Gustav V's 80-Year Foundation
- Västerbotten County Council
- Swedish Heart-Lung Foundation
- Combine Collaboration
- 25British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register Control Centre Consortium, , et al, on behalf of the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Reduction in the incidence of myocardial infarction in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who respond to anti–tumor necrosis factor α therapy: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 2905–12., , , ,
- 26The risk of myocardial infarction and pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic myocardial infarction predictors in rheumatoid arthritis: a cohort and nested case–control analysis. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58: 2612–21., .
- 36Joint European Society of Cardiology/American College of Cardiology Committee. Myocardial infarction redefined: a consensus document of The Joint European Society of Cardiology/American College of Cardiology Committee for the redefinition of myocardial infarction. Eur Heart J 2000; 21: 1502–13.
- 37Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .
- 41Decreased expression of the endothelial cell activation marker HLA-DQ in skeletal muscle after three months of adalimumab treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60 Suppl: S620., , , , , .
- 50Patients with early rheumatoid arthritis who smoke are less likely to respond to treatment with methotrexate and tumor necrosis factor inhibitors: observations from the Epidemiological Investigation of Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Swedish Rheumatology Register cohorts. Arthritis Rheum 2011; 63: 26–36., , , , , , et al.