Dr. Y. Tanaka has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Eisai, Pfizer, Abbott, Janssen Pharma, Takeda, AstraZeneca, Astellas, Asahi Kasei Pharma, and GlaxoSmithKline (less than $10,000 each) and from Chugai and Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma (more than $10,000 each).
The JAK inhibitor tofacitinib regulates synovitis through inhibition of interferon-γ and interleukin-17 production by human CD4+ T cells
Article first published online: 25 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 6, pages 1790–1798, June 2012
How to Cite
Maeshima, K., Yamaoka, K., Kubo, S., Nakano, K., Iwata, S., Saito, K., Ohishi, M., Miyahara, H., Tanaka, S., Ishii, K., Yoshimatsu, H. and Tanaka, Y. (2012), The JAK inhibitor tofacitinib regulates synovitis through inhibition of interferon-γ and interleukin-17 production by human CD4+ T cells. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 1790–1798. doi: 10.1002/art.34329
- Issue published online: 25 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 25 MAY 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 DEC 2011 04:04PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 28 APR 2011
- Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare of Japan (Research Grant-In-Aid for Scientific Research)
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan
- University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan
- 6The safety and efficacy of a JAK inhibitor in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled phase IIa trial of three dosage levels of CP-690,550 versus placebo. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 1895–905., , , , , , et al.
- 7Improved pain, physical functioning and health status in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with CP-690,550, an orally active Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor: results from a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69: 413–6., , , , , , et al.
- 8Tofacitinib Study Investigators. Phase II study of tofacitinib (CP-690,550) combined with methotrexate in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2011; 63: 1150–8., , , , , and the
- 17Therapeutic benefit of blocking interleukin-6 activity with an anti–interleukin-6 receptor monoclonal antibody in rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-escalation trial. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46: 3143–50., , , , , , et al.
- 23DANCER Study Group. The efficacy and safety of rituximab in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis despite methotrexate treatment: results of a phase IIb randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging trial. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1390–400., , , , , , et al, for the
- 24REFLEX Trial Group. Rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy: results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial evaluating primary efficacy and safety at twenty-four weeks. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2793–806., , , , , , et al, for the