Dr. Curtis has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Crescendo Bioscience, and Abbott (less than $10,000 each) and from Roche, Genentech, UCB, Centocor, the Consortium of Rheumatology Researchers of North America, and Amgen (more than $10,000 each).
Rates of malignancy associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis and its treatment†
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 4, pages 1263–1271, April 2012
How to Cite
Beukelman, T., Haynes, K., Curtis, J. R., Xie, F., Chen, L., Bemrich-Stolz, C. J., Delzell, E., Saag, K. G., Solomon, D. H., Lewis, J. D. and Safety Assessment of Biological Therapeutics Collaboration (2012), Rates of malignancy associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis and its treatment. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 1263–1271. doi: 10.1002/art.34348
Statements contained herein should not be construed as endorsement by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the FDA, or the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Issue online: 2 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 FEB 2012 04:39PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 25 APR 2011
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- US Department of Health and Human Services. Grant Number: 1U18-HS-O17919-0, administered through the AHRQ CERTs Program
- NIH. Grant Numbers: 5KL2-RR-025776 through the University of Alabama at Birmingham Center for Clinical and Translational Science, AR-053351
- AHRQ. Grant Number: R01-HS-018517
- 6Paediatric Rheumatology INternational Trials Organization (PRINTO) and the Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Study Group (PRCSG). Long-term efficacy and safety of infliximab plus methotrexate for the treatment of polyarticular-course juvenile rheumatoid arthritis: findings from an open-label treatment extension. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69: 718–22., , , , , , et al, for the
- 13Should the Food and Drug Administration warning of malignancy in children receiving tumor necrosis factor α blockers change the way we treat children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis? [editorial]. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62: 2183–4..
- 25Chronic arthritis in childhood. In: Cassidy JT, Petty RE, Laxer RM, Lindsley CB, editors. Textbook of pediatric rheumatology. 6th ed. Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. p. 211–35., .
- 26Rates and rate standardization. In: Statistical methods in cancer research. Vol. II. The design and analysis of cohort studies. Lyon (France): International Agency for Research on Cancer; 1987. p. 48–79., .
- 28Risk of malignancy in biologics-naive juvenile arthritis patients [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69 Suppl 3: iii631., , , , , .
- 32Cancer risk in juvenile arthritis patients exposed to etanercept: results from three observational cohorts [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69 Suppl 3: iii147., , , , .