Drs. Hsia, Beutler, Doyle, Hsu, and Rahman and Mr. Xu own stock or stock options in Johnson & Johnson, of which Janssen is a subsidiary.
Interferon-γ release assay versus tuberculin skin test prior to treatment with golimumab, a human anti–tumor necrosis factor antibody, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, or ankylosing spondylitis
Article first published online: 26 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 7, pages 2068–2077, July 2012
How to Cite
Hsia, E. C., Schluger, N., Cush, J. J., Chaisson, R. E., Matteson, E. L., Xu, S., Beutler, A., Doyle, M. K., Hsu, B. and Rahman, M. U. (2012), Interferon-γ release assay versus tuberculin skin test prior to treatment with golimumab, a human anti–tumor necrosis factor antibody, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, or ankylosing spondylitis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 2068–2077. doi: 10.1002/art.34382
- Issue published online: 26 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 26 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 JAN 2012 02:30PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 22 FEB 2011
- Janssen Biotech, Inc., Malvern, Pennsylvania, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson
- 11BIOBADASER Group. Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors may predispose to significant increase in tuberculosis risk: a multicenter active-surveillance report. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 2122–7., , , , , on behalf of the
- 19Golimumab, a human anti–tumor necrosis factor α monoclonal antibody, injected subcutaneously every four weeks in methotrexate-naive patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: twenty-four–week results of a phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of golimumab before methotrexate as first-line therapy for early-onset rheumatoid arthritis [published erratum appears in Arthritis Rheum 2010;62:2812]. Arthritis Rheum 2009: 60: 2272–83., , , , , , et al.
- 21Golimumab, a new human tumor necrosis factor α antibody, administered every four weeks as a subcutaneous injection in psoriatic arthritis: twenty-four–week efficacy and safety results of a randomized, placebo-controlled study [published erratum appears in Arthritis Rheum 2010;62:2555]. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 976–86., , , , , , et al.
- 23GO-AFTER study investigators. Golimumab in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis after treatment with tumour necrosis factor α inhibitors (GO-AFTER study): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial. Lancet 2009; 374: 210–21., , , , , , et al, for the
- 24QuantiFERON-TB Gold clinicians guide and QuantiFERON-TB Gold In-Tube Method [package insert]. Valencia (CA): Cellestis; 2010.
- 25Centers for Disease Control and Prevention / American Thoracic Society. Targeted tuberculin testing and treatment of latent tuberculosis infection. MMWR 2000; 49: 1–51.
- 26Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Updated guidelines for using interferon gamma release assays to detect Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection—United States, 2010. MMWR 2010; 59: 1–25.
- 34Comparison of interferon-gamma release assay versus tuberculin skin test for tuberculosis screening in inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2008; 103: 2799–806., , , , , , et al.Direct Link:
- 40START Study Group. The safety of infliximab, combined with background treatments, among patients with rheumatoid arthritis and various comorbidities: a large, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1075–86., , , , , , et al, for the