Dr. Hiepe has received consulting fees from Human Genome Sciences, Inc. and GlaxoSmithKline (less than $10,000 each).
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Belimumab reduces autoantibodies, normalizes low complement levels, and reduces select B cell populations in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus†
Version of Record online: 26 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 7, pages 2328–2337, July 2012
How to Cite
Stohl, W., Hiepe, F., Latinis, K. M., Thomas, M., Scheinberg, M. A., Clarke, A., Aranow, C., Wellborne, F. R., Abud-Mendoza, C., Hough, D. R., Pineda, L., Migone, T.-S., Zhong, Z. J., Freimuth, W. W., Chatham, W. W. and on behalf of the BLISS-52 and BLISS-76 Study Groups (2012), Belimumab reduces autoantibodies, normalizes low complement levels, and reduces select B cell populations in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 2328–2337. doi: 10.1002/art.34400
ClinicalTrials.gov identifiers: NCT00424476 and NCT00410384.
- Issue online: 26 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 26 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 24 JAN 2012 03:52PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 SEP 2011
- Human Genome Sciences, Inc. (Rockville, MD)
- GlaxoSmithKline (Uxbridge, UK)
- NIH. Grant Number: M01-RR-00043
- General Clinical Research Center at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine
- 22BLISS-76 Study Group. A phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled study of belimumab, a monoclonal antibody that inhibits B lymphocyte stimulator, in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 2011; 63: 3918–30., , , , , , et al, for the
- 27The effect of moderate-dose corticosteroids in preventing severe flares in patients with serologically active, but clinically stable, systemic lupus erythematosus: findings of a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3623–32., , , , , , et al.
- 34Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention of pneumococcal disease: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR 1997; 46: 1–24.
- 35Atkinson W, Wolfe S, Hamborsky J, editors. Epidemiology and prevention of vaccine-preventable diseases. 12th ed. Washington: Public Health Foundation; 2011. Sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.