Dr. Molokhia has received consulting fees from the International Serious Adverse Event Consortium (a collaboration of academia and industry) and from AstraZeneca and Pfizer (less than $10,000 each).
Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drug Treatment
Adherence to gastroprotection during cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitor treatment and the risk of upper gastrointestinal tract events: A population-based study†
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 8, pages 2792–2802, August 2012
How to Cite
Valkhoff, V. E., van Soest, E. M., Mazzaglia, G., Molokhia, M., Schade, R., Trifiro, G., Goldstein, J. L., Hernandez-Diaz, S., Kuipers, E. J. and Sturkenboom, M. C. J. M. (2012), Adherence to gastroprotection during cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitor treatment and the risk of upper gastrointestinal tract events: A population-based study. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 2792–2802. doi: 10.1002/art.34433
Study results were presented in part by Drs. Valkhoff and Sturkenboom at the 26th International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology and Therapeutic Risk Management of the International Society of Pharmacoepidemiology, Brighton, UK, August 2010, and at Digestive Disease Week, Chicago, IL, May 2011.
- Issue published online: 27 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 APR 2012 09:14AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 SEP 2011
- AstraZeneca through a contract with Erasmus University
- 5Prevention of NSAID-induced gastroduodenal ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2002; 4: CD002296., , , , , , et al.
- 11NSAIDs—prescribing issues. In: NHS Clinical Knowledge Summaries safe practical clinical answers; 2009. URL: http://www.cks.nhs.uk/nsaids_prescribing_issues#.
- 14World Health Organization. Classification of diseases. URL: http://www.who.int/classifications/icd/en/.
- 16WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistics Methodology. Guidelines for ATC classification and DDD assignment. URL: http://www.whocc.no/atcddd/.