Dr. Kavanaugh has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Centocor Ortho Biotech, now Janssen Biotech (less than $10,000) and has received funding for clinical research sponsored by Abbott, Amgen, Janssen, and UCB.
Golimumab in psoriatic arthritis: One-year clinical efficacy, radiographic, and safety results from a phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled trial†
Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 8, pages 2504–2517, August 2012
How to Cite
Kavanaugh, A., van der Heijde, D., McInnes, I. B., Mease, P., Krueger, G. G., Gladman, D. D., Gómez-Reino, J., Papp, K., Baratelle, A., Xu, W., Mudivarthy, S., Mack, M., Rahman, M. U., Xu, Z., Zrubek, J. and Beutler, A. (2012), Golimumab in psoriatic arthritis: One-year clinical efficacy, radiographic, and safety results from a phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 2504–2517. doi: 10.1002/art.34436
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00265096.
- Issue online: 27 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 FEB 2012 12:47PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 31 MAR 2011
- Janssen Research & Development LLC (formerly Centocor Research and Development, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson)
- 1Golimumab in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis despite treatment with methotrexate: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging study [published erratum appears in Arthritis Rheum 2010;62:3518]. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58: 964–75., , , , , , et al.
- 2Golimumab, a human anti–tumor necrosis factor α monoclonal antibody, injected subcutaneously every four weeks in methotrexate-naive patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: twenty-four–week results of a phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of golimumab before methotrexate as first-line therapy for early-onset rheumatoid arthritis [published erratum appears in Arthritis Rheum 2010;62:3005]. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 2272–83., , , , , , et al.
- 3Golimumab, a human antibody to tumour necrosis factor α given by monthly subcutaneous injections, in active rheumatoid arthritis despite methotrexate therapy: the GO-FORWARD Study [published erratum appears in Ann Rheum Dis 2011;70:238]. Ann Rheum Dis 2009; 68: 789–96., , , , , , et al.
- 5GO-AFTER study investigators. Golimumab in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis after treatment with tumour necrosis factor α inhibitors (GO-AFTER study): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial [published erratum appears in Lancet 2009;374:1422]. Lancet 2009; 374: 210–21., , , , , , et al, for the
- 6Golimumab, a new human tumor necrosis factor α antibody, administered every four weeks as a subcutaneous injection in psoriatic arthritis: twenty-four–week efficacy and safety results of a randomized, placebo-controlled study [published erratum appears in Arthritis Rheum 2010;62:2555]. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 976–86., , , , , , et al.
- 11Validation of the 28-joint Disease Activity Score (DAS28) and European League Against Rheumatism response criteria based on C-reactive protein against disease progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and comparison with the DAS28 based on erythrocyte sedimentation rate. Ann Rheum Dis 2009; 68: 954–60., , , , , , et al.
- 15How much improvement in functional status is considered important by patients with active psoriatic arthritis: applying the outcome measures in rheumatoid arthritis clinical trials (OMERACT) group guidelines. Ann Rheum Dis 2004; 63 Suppl I: i391., , , , .
- 18International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH): the extent of population exposure to assess clinical safety for drugs intended for long-term treatment of non-life-threatening conditions, E1. Fed Regist 1995; 60: 11270.
- 19IMPACT 2 Study Group. Infliximab inhibits progression of radiographic damage in patients with active psoriatic arthritis through one year of treatment: results from the Induction and Maintenance Psoriatic Arthritis Clinical Trial 2. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 2698–707., , , , , , et al, for the
- 21Adalimumab Effectiveness in Psoriatic Arthritis Trial Study Group. Adalimumab for the treatment of patients with moderately to severely active psoriatic arthritis: results of a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 3279–89., , , , , , et al, for the