Dr. Molloy has received speaking fees from Bristol-Myers Squibb, MSD, Abbott Laboratories, and Roche, and honoraria for Advisory Board service from GlaxoSmithKline and Roche (less than $10,000 each).
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy associated with immunosuppressive therapy in rheumatic diseases: Evolving role of biologic therapies
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 9, pages 3043–3051, September 2012
How to Cite
Molloy, E. S. and Calabrese, L. H. (2012), Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy associated with immunosuppressive therapy in rheumatic diseases: Evolving role of biologic therapies. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 3043–3051. doi: 10.1002/art.34468
- Issue published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 MAR 2012 11:01AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 SEP 2011
- 7Rituxan warning. FDA Consum 2007; 41: 3.
- 11US Food and Drug Administration. Important drug warning regarding Rituxan (rituximab). October 2009. URL: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/UCM187792.pdf.
- 14World Health Organization. Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI): causality assessment. URL: http://www.who.int/vaccines-documents/DocsPDF05/815.pdf.
- 15European Medicines Agency. Keller Stanislawski B. Natalizumab (Tysabri) and PML—the current figures. July 2011. URL: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Presentation/2011/07/WC500109631.pdf.
- 18US Food and Drug Administration. Novartis. Important drug warning: important change in the Myfortic (mycophenolic acid) complete prescribing information—postmarketing reports of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). June 2008. URL: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm126447.pdf.
- 19US Food and Drug Administration. Roche. Important drug warning: important changes in the CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil) prescribing information—reports of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in patients treated with CellCept. June 2008. URL: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/UCM136360.pdf