Antiinflammatory functions of p38 in mouse models of rheumatoid arthritis: Advantages of targeting upstream kinases MKK-3 or MKK-6
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 9, pages 2887–2895, September 2012
How to Cite
Guma, M., Hammaker, D., Topolewski, K., Corr, M., Boyle, D. L., Karin, M. and Firestein, G. S. (2012), Antiinflammatory functions of p38 in mouse models of rheumatoid arthritis: Advantages of targeting upstream kinases MKK-3 or MKK-6. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 2887–2895. doi: 10.1002/art.34489
- Issue published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 APR 2012 11:46AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 NOV 2011
- Arthritis Foundation
- NIH. Grant Number: ES-006376
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: AR-47825
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Grant Number: R01-AI-070555
- 3Activation, differential localization, and regulation of the stress-activated protein kinases, extracellular signal– regulated kinase, c-JUN N-terminal kinase, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase, in synovial tissue and cells in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2000; 43: 2501–12., , , , , , et al.
- 8Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of pamapimod, a p38 MAP kinase inhibitor, in a double-blind, methotrexate-controlled study of patients with active rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 335–44., , , , , , et al.
- 10Efficacy, pharmacodynamics, and safety of VX-702, a novel p38 MAPK inhibitor, in rheumatoid arthritis: results of two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studies. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 1232–41., , .
- 26Inhibitors of p38 suppress cytokine production in rheumatoid arthritis synovial membranes: does variable inhibition of interleukin-6 production limit effectiveness in vivo? Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62: 3221–31., , , , .
- 30Absence of changes in the number of synovial sublining macrophages after ineffective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis: implications for use of synovial sublining macrophages as a biomarker. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 3869–71., , , , , .
- 31The safety and efficacy of a JAK inhibitor in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled phase IIa trial of three dosage levels of CP-690,550 versus placebo [published erratum appears in Arthritis Rheum 2012;64:1487]. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60: 1895–905., , , , , , et al.