Drs. Merrill and Wallace have received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from GlaxoSmithKline and Human Genome Sciences, Inc. (less than $10,000 each).
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Long-term safety profile of belimumab plus standard therapy in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus†
Article first published online: 27 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 10, pages 3364–3373, October 2012
How to Cite
Merrill, J. T., Ginzler, E. M., Wallace, D. J., McKay, J. D., Lisse, J. R., Aranow, C., Wellborne, F. R., Burnette, M., Condemi, J., Zhong, Z. J., Pineda, L., Klein, J., Freimuth, W. W. and on behalf of the LBSL02/99 Study Group (2012), Long-term safety profile of belimumab plus standard therapy in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 3364–3373. doi: 10.1002/art.34564
ClinicalTrials.gov identifiers: NCT00071487 and NCT00583362.
- Issue published online: 27 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 27 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 JUN 2012 10:39AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2011
- Human Genome Sciences, Inc. (Rockville, MD)
- GlaxoSmithKline (Uxbridge, UK)
- 2Systemic lupus erythematosus: epidemiology, pathology, and pathogenesis. In: Klippel JH, Crofford LJ, Stone JH, Weyand CM, editors. Primer on the rheumatic diseases. 12th ed. Atlanta: Arthritis Foundation; 2001. p. 329–35..
- 7European Working Party on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Morbidity and mortality in systemic lupus erythematosus during a 10-year period: a comparison of early and late manifestations in a cohort of 1,000 patients. Medicine (Baltimore) 2003; 82: 299–308., , , , , , et al, the
- 24BLISS-76 Study Group. A phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled study of belimumab, a monoclonal antibody that inhibits B lymphocyte stimulator, in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 2011; 63: 3918–30., , , , , , et al, for the
- 26National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (DMID) Adult Toxicity Tables. 2007. URL: http://www.niaid.nih.gov/labsandresources/resources/dmidclinrsrch/pages/toxtables.aspx.
- 31ALMS Group. Nonrenal disease activity following mycophenolate mofetil or intravenous cyclophosphamide as induction treatment for lupus nephritis: findings in a multicenter, prospective, randomized, open-label, parallel-group clinical trial. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62: 211–21., , , , , , for the