Cherry consumption and decreased risk of recurrent gout attacks
Version of Record online: 28 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 64, Issue 12, pages 4004–4011, December 2012
How to Cite
Zhang, Y., Neogi, T., Chen, C., Chaisson, C., Hunter, D. J. and Choi, H. K. (2012), Cherry consumption and decreased risk of recurrent gout attacks. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 4004–4011. doi: 10.1002/art.34677
- Issue online: 28 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 28 NOV 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 SEP 2012 01:51PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 DEC 2011
- NIH (National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases). Grant Number: P60-AR-047785
- Arthritis Foundation
- American College of Rheumatology Research and Education Foundation
- 6Inhibitory effects of tart cherry (Prunus cerasus) juice on xanthine oxidoreductase activity and its hypouricemic and antioxidant effects on rats. Malays J Nutr 2009; 15: 53–64., , , .
- 11Effect of cherry juice concentration on the secretion of interleukins by human monocytes exposed to monosodium urate crystals in vitro [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69 Suppl 3: iii610., , .
- 13US Food and Drug Administration. List of firms receiving warning letters regarding cherry and other fruit-based products with disease claims in labeling. URL: http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/ComplianceEnforcement/ucm081724.htm.
- 14Patients and providers view gout differently: a qualitative study. Chronic Illn 2010; 6: 263–71., , , , .
- 19High versus low dosing of oral colchicine for early acute gout flare: twenty-four–hour outcome of the first multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group, dose-comparison colchicine study. Arthritis Rheum 2010; 62: 1060–8., , , , , .
- 22Developing American College of Rheumatology and European League Against Rheumatism criteria for definition of a flare in patients with gout [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60 Suppl: S563., , , , , , et al.