Dr. Weinblatt has received consulting fees from Bristol-Myers Squibb and Abbott (less than $10,000 each), has served as a technical expert to Abbott Legal, and has received research grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb and Abbott.
Head-to-head comparison of subcutaneous abatacept versus adalimumab for rheumatoid arthritis: Findings of a phase IIIb, multinational, prospective, randomized study†
Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 65, Issue 1, pages 28–38, January 2013
How to Cite
Weinblatt, M. E., Schiff, M., Valente, R., van der Heijde, D., Citera, G., Zhao, C., Maldonado, M. and Fleischmann, R. (2013), Head-to-head comparison of subcutaneous abatacept versus adalimumab for rheumatoid arthritis: Findings of a phase IIIb, multinational, prospective, randomized study. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 65: 28–38. doi: 10.1002/art.37711
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00929864.
- Issue online: 27 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 NOV 2012 09:23AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAY 2012
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 22012 update of the 2008 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the use of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and biologic agents in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2012; 64: 625–39., , , , , , et al.
- 3Current evidence for a strategic approach to the management of rheumatoid arthritis with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: a systematic literature review informing the EULAR recommendations for the management of rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69: 987–94., , , , , , et al.
- 4PREMIER Investigators. The PREMIER study: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial of combination therapy with adalimumab plus methotrexate versus methotrexate alone or adalimumab alone in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis who had not had previous methotrexate treatment. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 26–37., , , , , , et al for the
- 5Radiographic, clinical, and functional outcomes of treatment with adalimumab (a human anti–tumor necrosis factor monoclonal antibody) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis receiving concomitant methotrexate therapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled, 52-week trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1400–11., , , , , , et al.
- 9Efficacy and safety of abatacept or infliximab vs placebo in ATTEST: a phase III, multi-centre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate. Ann Rheum Dis 2008; 67: 1096–103., , , , , , et al.
- 17Validation of the 28-joint Disease Activity Score (DAS28) and European League Against Rheumatism response criteria based on C-reactive protein against disease progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and comparison with the DAS28 based on erythrocyte sedimentation rate. Ann Rheum Dis 2009; 68: 954–60., , , , , , et al.
- 35Safety of the selective costimulation modulator abatacept in rheumatoid arthritis patients receiving background biologic and nonbiologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: a one-year randomized, placebo-controlled study. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2807–16., , , , , .
- 41Phase IIb dose-ranging study of the oral JAK inhibitor tofacitinib (CP-690,550) or adalimumab monotherapy versus placebo in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis with an inadequate response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs. Arthritis Rheum 2012; 64: 617–29., , , , , , et al.