Dr. Beukelman has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Novartis and Genentech (less than $10,000 each) and research funding from Pfizer.
Tumor necrosis factor α inhibitor therapy and cancer risk in chronic immune-mediated diseases†
Article first published online: 27 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 65, Issue 1, pages 48–58, January 2013
How to Cite
Haynes, K., Beukelman, T., Curtis, J. R., Newcomb, C., Herrinton, L. J., Graham, D. J., Solomon, D. H., Griffin, M. R., Chen, L., Liu, L., Saag, K. G., Lewis, J. D. and on behalf of the SABER Collaboration (2013), Tumor necrosis factor α inhibitor therapy and cancer risk in chronic immune-mediated diseases. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 65: 48–58. doi: 10.1002/art.37740
Statements in this article should not be construed as endorsement by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), FDA, or US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
- Issue published online: 27 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 27 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 OCT 2012 08:31AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 APR 2012
- FDA/DHHS. Grant Number: 1U18-HS-017919-0
- AHRQ Centers for Education and Research on Therapeutics Program
- NIH. Grant Numbers: 5KL2-RR-025776, AR- 053351, AHRQ grant R01-HS-018517, K24-DK07822806
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- 4Anti-TNF antibody therapy in rheumatoid arthritis and the risk of serious infections and malignancies: systematic review and meta-analysis of rare harmful effects in randomized controlled trials [published erratum appears in JAMA 2006;295:2482]. JAMA 2006; 295: 2275–85., , , , , .
- 7Cancer risk with tumor necrosis factor α (TNF) inhibitors: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials of adalimumab, etanercept, and infliximab using patient level data. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2011; 20: 119–30., , , , , .
- 28Introduction. In: Curtis RE, Freedman DM, Ron E, Ries LA, Hacker DG, Edwards BK, et al, editors. New malignancies among cancer survivors: SEER Cancer Registries, 1973-2000. NIH Publication No.: 05-5302. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2006. p. 1–7., , , .