Dr. van der Heijde has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Abbott, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Centocor, Chugai, Eli Lilly, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Novartis, Otsuka, Pfizer Inc., Roche, Sanofi-Aventis, Schering-Plough, UCB, and Wyeth (less than $10,000 each).
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 65, Issue 3, pages 559–570, March 2013
How to Cite
van der Heijde, D., Tanaka, Y., Fleischmann, R., Keystone, E., Kremer, J., Zerbini, C., Cardiel, M. H., Cohen, S., Nash, P., Song, Y.-W., Tegzová, D., Wyman, B. T., Gruben, D., Benda, B., Wallenstein, G., Krishnaswami, S., Zwillich, S. H., Bradley, J. D., Connell, C. A. and and the ORAL Scan Investigators (2013), Tofacitinib (CP-690,550) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis receiving methotrexate: Twelve-month data from a twenty-four–month phase III randomized radiographic study. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 65: 559–570. doi: 10.1002/art.37816
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00847613.
Presented in part at the 75th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology, Chicago, IL, November 2011.
- Issue published online: 25 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 24 JAN 2013 09:46AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAR 2012
- Pfizer Inc.
- 1Improved health-related quality of life with effective disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: evidence from randomized controlled trials. Am J Manag Care 2007; 13 Suppl 9: S237–51., .
- 5Phase IIb dose-ranging study of the oral JAK inhibitor tofacitinib (CP-690,550) or adalimumab monotherapy versus placebo in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis with an inadequate response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs. Arthritis Rheum 2012; 64: 617–29., , , , , , et al.
- 6A phase IIb dose-ranging study of the oral JAK inhibitor tofacitinib (CP-690,550) versus placebo in combination with background methotrexate in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate alone. Arthritis Rheum 2012; 64: 970–81., , , , , , et al.
- 8ORAL Step Investigators. Tofacitinib (CP-690,550), an oral Janus kinase inhibitor, in combination with methotrexate, in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis with an inadequate response to tumor necrosis factor-inhibitors: a 6-month phase 3 study [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2011; 63 Suppl: S279., , , , , , et al, and the
- 11Tofacitinib (CP-690,550), an oral Janus kinase inhibitor, in combination with traditional DMARDS: a phase 3 efficacy and safety study in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis with an inadequate response to DMARDs [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2011; 70 Suppl 3: 170., , , , , , et al.
- 16Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre. DAS28. URL: http://www.das-score.nl.
- 202012 update of the 2008 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the use of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and biologic agents in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2012; 64: 625–39., , , , , , et al.
- 22Tofacitinib Study Investigators. Phase II study of tofacitinib (CP-690,550) combined with methotrexate in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2011; 63: 1150–8., , , , , and the
- 24TEMPO (Trial of Etanercept and Methotrexate with Radiographic Patient Outcomes) Study Investigators. Therapeutic effect of the combination of etanercept and methotrexate compared with each treatment alone in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: double-blind randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2004; 363: 675–81., , , , , , et al,
- 25Radiographic, clinical, and functional outcomes of treatment with adalimumab (a human anti–tumor necrosis factor monoclonal antibody) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis receiving concomitant methotrexate therapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled, 52-week trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1400–11., , , , , , et al.
- 29Tofacitinib (CP-690,550), an oral Janus kinase inhibitor: analysis of efficacy endpoints by subgroups in a pooled phase 2 and 3 rheumatoid arthritis study population [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2012; 71 Suppl 3: 203., , , , , , et al.