Dr. van Vollenhoven has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Abbott, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Human Genome Sciences, Inc., MSD, Pfizer, Roche, and UCB (less than $10,000 each) and was an investigator in the BLISS-52 and BLISS-76 trials.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Baseline Predictors of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Flares: Data From the Combined Placebo Groups in the Phase III Belimumab Trials†
Article first published online: 26 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 65, Issue 8, pages 2143–2153, August 2013
How to Cite
Petri, M. A., van Vollenhoven, R. F., Buyon, J., Levy, R. A., Navarra, S. V., Cervera, R., Zhong, Z. J., Freimuth, W. W. and on behalf of the BLISS-52 and BLISS-76 Study Groups (2013), Baseline Predictors of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Flares: Data From the Combined Placebo Groups in the Phase III Belimumab Trials. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 65: 2143–2153. doi: 10.1002/art.37995
ClinicalTrials.gov identifiers: NCT00424476 and NCT00410384.
- Issue published online: 26 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 26 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 JUN 2013 08:53AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 NOV 2012
- Human Genome Sciences, Inc.
- 14Renal flares are common in patients with severe proliferative lupus nephritis treated with pulse immunosuppressive therapy: long-term followup of a cohort of 145 patients participating in randomized controlled studies.Arthritis Rheum2002;46:995–1002., , , , , , et al.
- 20The effect of moderate-dose corticosteroids in preventing severe flares in patients with serologically active, but clinically stable, systemic lupus erythematosus: findings of a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Arthritis Rheum2006;54:3623–32., , , , , , et al.
- 24BLISS-76 Study Group.A phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled study of belimumab, a monoclonal antibody that inhibits B lymphocyte stimulator, in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.Arthritis Rheum2011;63:3918–30., , , , , , et al, for the
- 28Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology.Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter].Arthritis Rheum1997;40:1725., for the
- 31A role for B lymphocyte stimulator in systemic lupus erythematosus.J Immunol2001;66:6–10., , , , , , et al.
- 32BLISS-52 and BLISS-76 Study Groups.Belimumab reduces autoantibodies, normalizes low complement levels, and reduces select B cell populations in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.Arthritis Rheum2012;64:2328–37., , , , , , et al, on behalf of the