Dr. Mandl has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Pfizer, Abbott, and AbbVie (less than $10,000 each).
Sonographic Joint Assessment in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Associations With Clinical Joint Assessment During a State of Remission†
Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 65, Issue 8, pages 2005–2014, August 2013
How to Cite
Gärtner, M., Mandl, P., Radner, H., Supp, G., Machold, K. P., Aletaha, D. and Smolen, J. S. (2013), Sonographic Joint Assessment in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Associations With Clinical Joint Assessment During a State of Remission. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 65: 2005–2014. doi: 10.1002/art.38016
This is a publication of the Joint and Bone Center for Diagnosis, Research, and Therapy of Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Medical University of Vienna.
- Issue online: 26 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 26 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 MAY 2013 01:53PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 DEC 2012
- European Union Seventh Framework Programme (Coordination Theme 1 [Health]). Grant Number: Masterswitch; HEALTH-F2-2008-223404
- Innovative Medicines Initiative Joint Undertaking. Grant Number: BTCure grant 115142
- 6Assessing disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis: the EULAR handbook of standard methods. Zürich: EULAR; 1993., , , .
- 11Presence of significant synovitis in rheumatoid arthritis patients with disease-modifying antirheumatic drug– induced clinical remission: evidence from an imaging study may explain structural progression. Arthritis Rheum2006;54:3761–73., , , , , , et al.
- 17Quantitative power Doppler ultrasonography is a sensitive measure of metacarpophalangeal joint synovial vascularity in rheumatoid arthritis and declines significantly following a 2-week course of oral low-dose corticosteroids. J Rheumatol2010;37:2493–501., , , , , , et al.
- 25Power Doppler ultrasound, but not low-field magnetic resonance imaging, predicts relapse and radiographic disease progression in rheumatoid arthritis patients with low levels of disease activity. Arthritis Rheum2012;64:67–76., , , , , , et al.
- 26Longitudinal power Doppler ultrasonographic assessment of joint inflammatory activity in early rheumatoid arthritis: predictive value in disease activity and radiologic progression. Arthritis Rheum2007;57:116–24., , , , , , et al.
- 28Ultrasonography is a potent tool for the prediction of progressive joint destruction during clinical remission of rheumatoid arthritis. Mod Rheumatol 2012. E-pub ahead of print., , , , , , et al.
- 36Time in remission is important for improvement of physical function in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum2012;64 Suppl:S1104–5., , , .
- 41Disease remission state in patients treated with the combination of tumor necrosis factor blockade and methotrexate or with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: a clinical and imaging comparative study. Arthritis Rheum2009;60:1915–22., , , , , , et al.