Drs. Caterson and Hughes receive licensing fees from Eli Lilly for monoclonal antibody (mAb) BC-3 and from Millipore and Thermo Fisher for the sale of mAb BC-3; they also receive royalties from Abcam, Novus, Millipore, and Thermo Fisher for the sale of mAb BC-3.
ADAMTS-4_v1 Is a Splice Variant of ADAMTS-4 That Is Expressed as a Protein in Human Synovium and Cleaves Aggrecan at the Interglobular Domain
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2013
© The Authors. Arthritis & Rheumatism is published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of the American College of Rheumatology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 65, Issue 11, pages 2866–2875, November 2013
How to Cite
Wainwright, S. D., Bondeson, J., Caterson, B. and Hughes, C. E. (2013), ADAMTS-4_v1 Is a Splice Variant of ADAMTS-4 That Is Expressed as a Protein in Human Synovium and Cleaves Aggrecan at the Interglobular Domain. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 65: 2866–2875. doi: 10.1002/art.38102
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 JUL 2013 09:26AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 21 JUN 2012
- Arthritis Research UK. Grant Number: 18893
- MRC. Grant Number: G0800248
- 1Osteoarthritis in 2007.Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis2007;65:222–8., , .
- 3Arthroscopic evaluation of chondropathy in osteoarthritis of the knee.J Rheumatol1996;3:698–706., , , , , .
- 16Structure and metabolism of proteoglycans. In: Piez K, Reddi A, editors.Extracellular matrix biochemistry.New York:Elsevier;1984. p.277–328., .
- 29ADAMTS4 (aggrecanase-1) activation on the surface involves C-terminal cleavage by glycosylphosphatidyl inositol-anchored membrane type 4-matrix metalloproteinase and binding of the activated proteinase to chondroitin sulfate and heparin sulfate on syndecan-1.J Biol Chem2004;279:10042–51., , , , , .
- 30The synovium and its role in osteoarthritis. In: Bronner F, Farach-Carson MC, editors. Bone and osteoarthritis. Vol.4.New York:Springer-Verlag;2007. p.65–79., .