Members of the American College of Rheumatology Committee on Rheumatology Training and Workforce Issues who authored this article were as follows: John D. FitzGerald, MD, PhD: University of California, Los Angeles; Michael Battistone, MD: University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City; Calvin R. Brown Jr., MD: Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois; Amy C. Cannella, MD: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha; Eliza Chakravarty, MD: Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City; Allan C. Gelber, MD: Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland; Carlos J. Lozada, MD (Board of Directors liaison): University of Miami, Miami, Florida; Marilynn Punaro, MD: Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, Dallas; Barbara Slusher, MSW, PA-C: Rheumatology Associates of Houston, League City, Texas; Abby Abelson, MD: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio. Additional authors were as follows: David A. Elashoff, PhD: University of California, Los Angeles; LaTanya Benford, BS (staff liaison): American College of Rheumatology, Atlanta, Georgia.
Regional Distribution of Adult Rheumatologists
Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 65, Issue 12, pages 3017–3025, December 2013
How to Cite
American College of Rheumatology Committee on Rheumatology Training and Workforce Issues (2013), Regional Distribution of Adult Rheumatologists. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 65: 3017–3025. doi: 10.1002/art.38167
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 NOV 2013 09:33AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 18 SEP 2012
- 4Aligning graduate medical education with surgical workforce needs. Presented at the Council of Medical Specialty Societies GME Financing Conference;2011 May 10; Chapel Hill, NC..
- 6Medically underserved areas & populations. Health Resources and Services Administration, 2012.
- 7Health Resources and Services Administration, DHHS.Lists of designated primary medical care, mental health, and dental health professional shortage areas.Federal Register2012;77:38838–40.
- 10Metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas main—people and households. US Census Bureau,2012.
- 112010 census summary file 2—United States. US Census Bureau,2011.
- 12The 2010 ACS 1-year summary file. American Community Survey Office, US Census Bureau,2011.
- 15Affordable Care Act: Primary Care Residency Expansion (PCRE) Program. Health Resources and Services Administration,2010.
- 16Affordable Care Act bolsters the primary care workforce in medically underserved communities. US Depart of Health and Human Services,2012.
- 17Geographic variation in the rheumatology workforce: the rural rheumatologist. Presented at the American College of Rheumatology Annual Scientific Meeting;2011 November 8; Chicago, IL..
- 18Geographic variation in the rheumatology workforce: using telemedicine to treat patients in remote locations. Presented at the American College of Rheumatology Annual Scientific Meeting;2011 November 8; Chicago, IL..
- 21Policy implications for optimizing advanced practice registered nurse use nationally.Policy Polit Nurs Pract2012;13:81–9., , , , , , et al.