Dr. Clauw has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Pfizer, Forest Laboratories, Eli Lilly, Pierre Fabre, Cypress Biosciences, Wyeth, UCB, AstraZeneca, Merck, Johnson & Johnson, Nuvo, Jazz, Abbott, and Cerephex (more than $10,000 each) and has received research grants from Forest Laboratories, Pfizer, Cerephex, and Nuvo.
Prevalence of the Fibromyalgia Phenotype in Patients With Spine Pain Presenting to a Tertiary Care Pain Clinic and the Potential Treatment Implications†
Article first published online: 27 NOV 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 65, Issue 12, pages 3285–3292, December 2013
How to Cite
Brummett, C. M., Goesling, J., Tsodikov, A., Meraj, T. S., Wasserman, R. A., Clauw, D. J. and Hassett, A. L. (2013), Prevalence of the Fibromyalgia Phenotype in Patients With Spine Pain Presenting to a Tertiary Care Pain Clinic and the Potential Treatment Implications. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 65: 3285–3292. doi: 10.1002/art.38178
Preliminary data presented in the Best Abstracts session at the American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 2011.
- Issue published online: 27 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 27 NOV 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 SEP 2013 03:34PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 29 APR 2013
- NIH (National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases). Grant Number: R01-AR-060392
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (Chronic Pain Research)
- University of Michigan, Department of Anesthesiology
- 1United States Bone and Joint Initiative. Spine: low back and neck pain. In:The burden of musculoskeletal diseases in the United States. Prevalence, societal and economic cost. 2nd ed.Rosemont (IL):American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons;2011. p.21–56.
- 4Analysis of the growth of epidural injections and costs in the Medicare population: a comparative evaluation of 1997, 2002, and 2006 data.Pain Physician2010;13:199–212., , , , .
- 5Factors predicting success and failure for cervical facet radiofrequency denervation: a multi-center analysis.Reg Anesth Pain Med2007;32:495–503., , , , , , et al.
- 9Influence of psychological variables on the diagnosis of facet joint involvement in chronic spinal pain.Pain Physician2008;11:145–60., , , .
- 22The clinical concept of fibromyalgia as a changing paradigm in the past 20 years.Pain Res Treat2012;2012:184835., .
- 31The Michigan Body Map and its use in assessing the American College of Rheumatology survey criteria for fibromyalgia [abstract].Arthritis Rheum2011;63 Suppl:S368., , , , .
- 52Efficacy and safety of duloxetine in patients with chronic low back pain.Spine (Phila Pa 1976)2010;35:E578–85., , , , , , et al.