Dr. Bogoch has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Merck Frosst Canada and Merck Sharpe & Dohme (more than $10,000 each) and has received research support as a principal investigator from Amgen Canada, Novartis Canada, and Warner Chilcott.
Increased Risk of Complications Following Total Joint Arthroplasty in Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis†
Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2014
Copyright © 2014 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatology
Volume 66, Issue 2, pages 254–263, February 2014
How to Cite
Ravi, B., Croxford, R., Hollands, S., Paterson, J. M., Bogoch, E., Kreder, H. and Hawker, G. A. (2014), Increased Risk of Complications Following Total Joint Arthroplasty in Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatology, 66: 254–263. doi: 10.1002/art.38231
The opinions, results, and conclusions reported herein are those of the authors and are independent from the funding sources. No endorsement by the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences or the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is intended or should be inferred.
- Issue online: 27 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 NOV 2013 03:30PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAR 2013
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, a nonprofit research institute funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- CIHR Doctoral Research award
- 2NIH consensus statement on total knee replacement.NIH Consens State Sci Statements2003;20:1–34.
- 10Provider volumes and early outcomes of primary total joint replacement in Ontario.Can J Surg2010;53:175–83., , , , , , et al.
- 18Accuracy of Canadian health administrative databases in identifying patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a validation study using the medical records of rheumatologists.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken)2013;65:1582–91., , , , , , et al.
- 20Measuring “rurality” for purposes of health-care planning: an Empirical measure for Ontario.Toronto:Ontario Medical Association;2005..
- 27The Johns Hopkins ACG system: technical reference guide, version 10.0.Baltimore:Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health;2011., .
- 31Frailty syndrome in the community-dwelling elderly with osteoarthritis.Rev Bras Rheumatol2012;52:331–47., , , , , .
- 34The diagnosis and management of prosthetic joint infections.J Antimicrob Chemother2010;65 Suppl 3:iii45–54., , .
- 35Canadian Institute for Health Information discharge abstract database: a validation study.Toronto:Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences;2006., , , , , , et al.
- 42Protrusio acetabuli in rheumatoid arthritis.Clin Orthop Relat Res1975;108:76–83., .
- 48Production of cytokines, vascular endothelial growth factor, matrix metalloproteinases, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 by tenosynovium demonstrates its potential for tendon destruction in rheumatoid arthritis.Arthritis Rheum2001;44:1754–60., , , , .
- 542012 update of the 2008 American College of Rheumatology recommendations for the use of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and biologic agents in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken)2012;64:625–39., , , , , , et al.
- 59Dislocation after total hip arthroplasty [review].J Am Acad Orthop Surg2004;12:314–21., , .