Predictors of New-Onset Widespread Pain in Older Adults: Results From a Population-Based Prospective Cohort Study in the UK
Version of Record online: 25 FEB 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Arthritis & Rheumatology is published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of the American College of Rheumatology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Arthritis & Rheumatology
Volume 66, Issue 3, pages 757–767, March 2014
How to Cite
McBeth, J., Lacey, R. J. and Wilkie, R. (2014), Predictors of New-Onset Widespread Pain in Older Adults: Results From a Population-Based Prospective Cohort Study in the UK. Arthritis & Rheumatology, 66: 757–767. doi: 10.1002/art.38284
- Issue online: 25 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 25 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 FEB 2014 09:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAY 2013
- Medical Research Council
- Primary Care Research West Midlands North
- North Staffordshire Primary Care Research Consortium
- 13Can fibromyalgia be associated with whiplash injury?A 3-year follow-up study. Rheumatol Int2011;31:1209–13., , .
- 21Factors associated with restricted mobility outside the home in community-dwelling adults ages fifty years and over with knee pain: an example of use of the International Classification of Functioning to investigate participation restriction.Arthritis Rheum2007;57:1381–9., , , .
- 33Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. The English Indices of Deprivation 2004: summary,2004. URL: www.gov.uk/government/collections/english-indices-of-deprivation.
- 35NHS Information Authority.The clinical terms version 3 (the Read codes).Birmingham (UK):NHS Information Authority;2000.
- 37Applied logistic regression. 2nd ed.New York:John Wiley & Sons;2000., .
- 39Validity of self-reported height, weight, and body mass index: findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2001-2006.Prev Chronic Dis2009;6:A121., .
- 49Moderation of psychosocial risk factors through dysfunction of the hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal stress axis in the onset of chronic widespread musculoskeletal pain: findings of a population-based prospective cohort study.Arthritis Rheum2007;56:360–71., , , , , , et al.