A Computer Simulation Approach to Assessing Therapeutic Intervention Points for the Prevention of Cytokine-Induced Cartilage Breakdown
Version of Record online: 28 MAR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Arthritis & Rheumatology is published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of the American College of Rheumatology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Arthritis & Rheumatology
Volume 66, Issue 4, pages 979–989, April 2014
How to Cite
Proctor, C. J., Macdonald, C., Milner, J. M., Rowan, A. D. and Cawston, T. E. (2014), A Computer Simulation Approach to Assessing Therapeutic Intervention Points for the Prevention of Cytokine-Induced Cartilage Breakdown. Arthritis & Rheumatology, 66: 979–989. doi: 10.1002/art.38297
- Issue online: 28 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 28 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 NOV 2013 09:11AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 JUL 2013
- Medical Research Council and Arthritis Research UK as part of the MRC–Arthritis Research UK Centre for Integrated Research into Musculoskeletal Ageing
- UK NIHR Biomedical Research Centre for Ageing
- Age-Related Disease award to the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumberland, Tyne
- Wear Comprehensive Local Research Network, Newcastle University
- 12Synergistic induction of matrix metalloproteinase 1 by interleukin-1α and oncostatin M in human chondrocytes involves signal transducer and activator of transcription and activator protein 1 transcription factors via a novel mechanism.Arthritis Rheum2001;44:2296–310., , , , , , et al.
- 17Stochastic modelling for systems biology. 2nd ed.London:Chapman & Hall/CRC Press;2011..
- 23JAK/STAT but not ERK1/ERK2 pathway mediates interleukin (IL)-6/soluble IL-6R down-regulation of type II collagen, aggrecan core, and link protein transcription in articular chondrocytes: association with a down-regulation of SOX9 expression.J Biol Chem2003;278:2903–12., , , .
- 31ggplot2: elegant graphics for data analysis.New York:Springer;2009..