Structural effect of avocado/soybean unsaponifiables on joint space loss in osteoarthritis of the hip
Version of Record online: 7 FEB 2002
Copyright © 2002 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 47, Issue 1, pages 50–58, February 2002
How to Cite
Lequesne, M., Maheu, E., Cadet, C. and Dreiser, R.-L. (2002), Structural effect of avocado/soybean unsaponifiables on joint space loss in osteoarthritis of the hip. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 47: 50–58. doi: 10.1002/art1.10239
- Issue online: 7 FEB 2002
- Version of Record online: 7 FEB 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 JUL 2001
- Manuscript Received: 9 MAY 2001
- Pharmascience Laboratories, Courbevoie, France
- 3Guidelines for testing slow acting drugs in osteoarthritis. J Rheumatol 1994; 21 Suppl 41: 65–71., , , , , , et al.
- 4Considerations on the methodology of studies evaluating treatments for osteoarthritis. Rev Rhum Engl Ed 1994; 61: 74–6..
- 11Pathologic and biochemical effects of a lipidic avocado and soya extract on an experimental post-contusive model of OA [abstract]. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 1993; 1: 46., , , .
- 12Mid-term efficacy and safety of avocado and soya unsaponifiables (ASU) in the treatment of knee and hip osteoarthritis: results of a three-month prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel groups, multicenter clinical trial. Rev Rhum Engl Ed 1997; 64: 825–34., , , , .
- 13Symptomatic efficacy of avocado/soybean unsaponifiables in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee and hip: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter clinical trial with a six-month treatment period and a two-month followup demonstrating a persistent effect. Arthritis Rheum 1998; 41: 81–91., , , , , , et al.
- 15Evaluation of the structural (radiological) effect of diacerein in osteoarthritis of the hip: a 3-year placebo-controlled study [abstract]. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 1999; 7 Suppl A: S31., , , , , .
- 18European guidelines for clinical trials of new rheumatic drugs. EULAR Bull 1980; 9 Suppl: 171–5., .
- 22Lequesne M, Cadet C, Winkler P, Rodriguez P, Wilhelm F. How rapid is the narrowing of the joint space in primary osteoarthritis of the hip (OAH) within 3 years?. Validity of its measure for a long term trial [abstract]. 17th ILAR Congress Rheumatol; 1989; Rio de Janeiro. p.52.
- 24Europ Agency Eval Med Products. International Conference Harmonisation (ICH) Topic E9-Step 4 Consensus Guideline: note for guidance on statistical principles for clinical trials. London: European Agency; 1998 Feb. 5. p. 24–5.
- 27Quantitative measurement of joint space during progression of osteoarthritis: “Condrometry.” In: KuettnerK, GoldbergV, editors. Osteoarthritis disorders. Rosemont (IL) American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; 1995. p. 427–44..
- 35New techniques and reproducibility of the manual measurement of the osteoarthritic hip joint space [abstract]. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2000; 8: 156., , .