Near-peer role modeling: The fledgling scholars education paradigm
Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Association of Anatomists
Anatomical Sciences Education
Volume 3, Issue 1, pages 50–51, January/February 2010
How to Cite
Singh, S. (2010), Near-peer role modeling: The fledgling scholars education paradigm. Anat Sci Ed, 3: 50–51. doi: 10.1002/ase.126
- Issue online: 21 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 8 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 13 NOV 2009
- 2007. Student teaching: Views of student near-peer teachers and learners. Med Teach 29: 583–590. , , , .
- 2009. Near-peer teaching in anatomy: An approach for deeper learning. Anat Sci Educ 2: 227–33. , .
- 2009. Collaborative testing: Cognitive and interpersonal processes related to enhanced test performance. Active Learn High Educ 10: 56–70. .
- 2005. Reciprocal peer teaching: Students teaching students in the gross anatomy laboratory. Clin Anat 18: 296–301. , , , , , .
- 2005. The importance of anatomy in health professions education and the shortage of qualified educators. Acad Med 80: 349–351. , , .
- 2009. Anatomy education faces challenges in Pakistan. Anat Sci Educ 2: 193–194. .
- 1996. Proactive adjusting to the zone of proximal development: Learner and teacher strategies. Paper presented at the 2nd Conference for Socio-Cultural Research Vygotsky & Piaget; Geneva, Switzerland: 1996 Sep 11–15. Psychological Sciences Research Institute: Geneva, Switzerland. .
- 1998. Motivating with near-peer role models. In: VisgatisB (Editor). The Proceedings of the JALT 23-rd Annual International Conference on Language Teaching and Learning (JALT97– Trends and Transitions); Hamamatsu, Japan: 1997 Oct 9–12. Japan Association for Language Teaching: Tokyo, Japan. p. 205–209. .
- 2001. Reported belief changes through near-peer role modeling. TESL-EJ 5: A1–A15. , .
- 2009. The South-east Scotland Foundation Doctor Teaching Programme—Is “near-peer” teaching feasible, efficacious and sustainable on a regional scale? Med Teach 31: e51–e57. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Peer-led medical student tutorials using the cardiac simulator “Harvey”. Med Educ 41: 219. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Cadaver dissection—Need to cope the inevitable stressor. J Indian Med Assoc 105: 99. , , .
- 2003. Approaches to cell biology teaching: Cooperative learning in the science classroom—beyond students working in groups. Cell Biol Educ 2: 1–5. , , .
- 2008. Peer teaching among physical therapy students during human gross anatomy: Perceptions of peer teachers and students. Anat Sci Educ 1: 199–206. , , , , .