Training tomorrow's anatomists today: A partnership approach
Version of Record online: 11 MAY 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Association of Anatomists
Anatomical Sciences Education
Volume 2, Issue 3, pages 119–125, May/June 2009
How to Cite
Fraher, J. P. and Evans, D. J.R. (2009), Training tomorrow's anatomists today: A partnership approach. Anat Sci Ed, 2: 119–125. doi: 10.1002/ase.81
- Issue online: 3 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 11 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 APR 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 8 APR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 31 MAR 2009
- Anatomy Clinic. 2006. Human anatomy and development; supplementary exercises, 2005–2006. Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine: New Haven, CT. URL: http://info.med.yale.edu/surgery/anatomy/index.htm [accessed 2 April 2009].
- 2007. Do we need dissection in an integrated problem-based learning medical course? Perceptions of first- and second-year students. Surg Radiol Anat 29: 173–180. , .
- 2002. The human cadaver in the age of biomedical informatics. Anat Rec 269: 20–32. , , , , , .
- 2008. Modern approaches to teaching and learning anatomy. BMJ 337: 665–667. .
- 2002. A visual programming approach for teaching cognitive modeling. Comput Educ 39: 1–18. , .
- 2002. Survey of gross anatomy, microscopic anatomy, neuroscience and embryology courses in medical school curricula in the United States. Anat Rec 269: 118–122. , , .
- 2009. Gray's Anatomy for Students. 2nd Ed. Philadelphia, PA: Churchill Livingstone. 1136p. , , .
- 2007. The role of the anatomist in communicating anatomy to a lay audience. Eur J Anat 11: 79–83. .
- 2008. Designing patient-focused information: An opportunity for communicating anatomically related information. Anat Sci Educ 1: 41–45. .
- 2005. Provision of anatomical teaching in a new British medical school: Getting the right mix. Anat Rec 284B: 22–27. , .
- 2007. Anatomy 2020. The Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland Newsletter, Brighton, UK. Anastomosis Spring: 7–8. URL: http://www.anatsoc.org.uk/news/attachments/spring_2007.pdf [accessed 29 March 2009]. .
- 2002. Anatomy 1999–2000: The curriculum, who teaches it and how? Med Educ 36: 702–710. .
- 1996. Characteristics of general dentists participating in home study courses. J Dent Educ 60: 686–692. , , .
- 1995. The future of gross anatomy teaching. Clin Anat 8: 294–296. , .
- 2001. Distance learning in academic health education. Eur J Dent Educ 5: 67–76. , , , .
- 2005. The importance of anatomy in health professions education and the shortage of qualified educators. Acad Med 80: 349–351. , , .
- 2007. A core syllabus in anatomy—Adding common sense to need to know. Eur J Anat 11: S3–S18. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. The impact of curricular change on medical students' knowledge of anatomy. Med Educ 37: 954–961. , , , , , .
- 2004. New path for teaching anatomy: Living anatomy and medical imaging vs. dissection. Anat Rec 281B: 4–5. .
- 2006. Anatomy teaching: Ghosts of the past, present and future. Med Educ 40: 243–253. , .
- 1996. Basic surgical training 3: A view from Ireland. Clin Anat 9: 171–172. .
- 1995. Follow the royal road: The case for dissection. Clin Anat 8: 124–127. .
- 1990. Learning human anatomy: By dissection or from prosections? Med Educ 24: 389–395. .
- 2004. Anatomy: A must for teaching the next generation. Surgeon 2: 79–90. .
- 2004. Teaching anatomy and changes in the health care system: Are anatomists regaining a leadership position? Plexus 4: 6–7. .
- 1996. Basic surgical training. 1. Postgraduate surgical examinations in the UK and Ireland. Clin Anat 9: 163–166. .
- 2006. Design principles for developing an efficient clinical anatomy course. Med Teach 28: 142–151. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Essential Neuroscience. 1st Ed. Baltimore, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 596 p. , .
- 2009. Clinical Neuroanatomy. 7th Ed. Baltimore, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 560 p. .
- 2008. Mentoring for doctors. Do its benefits outweigh its disadvantages? Med Teach 30: 95–99. , .
- 2006. Anatomical dissection as a teaching method in medical school: A review of the evidence. Med Educ 41: 15–22. .