Learning of cross-sectional anatomy using clay models
Article first published online: 8 JUL 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Association of Anatomists
Anatomical Sciences Education
Volume 2, Issue 4, pages 156–159, July/August 2009
How to Cite
Oh, C.-S., Kim, J.-Y. and Choe, Y. H. (2009), Learning of cross-sectional anatomy using clay models. Anat Sci Ed, 2: 156–159. doi: 10.1002/ase.92
- Issue published online: 7 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 8 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 1 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 22 APR 2009
- 1985. Anatomy instruction by radiologists. Invest Radiol 20: 1008–1010. , .
- 1990. Gross anatomy instruction with diagnostic images. Invest Radiol 25: 292–294. , , , .
- 1992. Effectiveness of teaching radiologic image interpretation in gross anatomy: A long-term follow up. Invest Radiol 27: 264–266. , , , .
- 1979. Purpose-made models in anatomical teaching. J Audiov Media Med 2: 71–73. , , , , .
- 2006. Teaching methods in anatomy courses in North American medical schools: The role of radiology. Acad Radiol 13: 1038–1046. , , , .
- 1993. Radiologic anatomy—A credit course for first-year medical students. Acta Radiol 34: 414–416. , .
- 2005. Diagnostic imaging in undergraduate medical education: An expanding role. Clin Radiol 60: 742–745. .
- 2002. From college to clinic: Reasoning over memorization is key for understanding anatomy. Anat Rec 269: 69–80. , , , , .
- 2009. Clay modeling as a method to learn human muscles: A community college study. Anat Sci Educ 2: 19–23. , , , .
- 1986. Integration of clinical problems in teaching gross anatomy: Living anatomy, X-ray anatomy, patient presentations, and films depicting clinical problems. Anat Rec 215: 92–94. , , .
- 2004. Improved dissection efficiency in the human gross anatomy laboratory by the integration of computers and modern technology. Clin Anat 17: 337–344. . . . , .
- 2005. Cat dissection vs. sculpting human structures in clay: An analysis of two approaches to undergraduate human anatomy laboratory education. Adv Physiol Educ 29: 27–34. , , , , .