What does scientometrics share with other “metrics” sciences?
Article first published online: 7 MAY 2013
© 2013 ASIS&T
Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
Volume 64, Issue 7, pages 1515–1518, July 2013
How to Cite
Zhang, L., Thijs, B. and Glänzel, W. (2013), What does scientometrics share with other “metrics” sciences?. J. Am. Soc. Inf. Sci., 64: 1515–1518. doi: 10.1002/asi.22834
- Issue published online: 4 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 7 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 10 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 7 AUG 2012
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 71103064
- citation analysis
In this article, the authors answer the question of whether the field of scientometrics/bibliometrics shares essential characteristics of “metrics” sciences. To achieve this objective, the citation network of seven selected metrics and their information environment is analyzed.