Numerical simulations of rotors, hydraulic jumps and eddy shedding in the Falkland Islands
Version of Record online: 13 FEB 2006
Copyright © 2006 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Volume 6, Issue 4, pages 211–218, October/December 2005
How to Cite
Sheridan, P. F. and Vosper, S. B. (2005), Numerical simulations of rotors, hydraulic jumps and eddy shedding in the Falkland Islands. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 6: 211–218. doi: 10.1002/asl.118
- Issue online: 13 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 13 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 20 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Received: 8 APR 2005
- 2002. Large-eddy simulation of turbulent separated flow over rough hills. Boundary-Layer Meteorology 102: 177–198. , .
- 2002. The dynamics of mountain-wave-induced rotors. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 59: 186–201. , .
- 1975. On the use of a coordinate transformation for the solution of the Navier–Stokes equations. Journal of Computational Physics 17: 209–228. , .
- 2005. Rotor types associated with steep lee topography: influence of the wind profile. Tellus 57A: 117–135. , .
- 1957. Investigation of mountain lee waves and the air flow over the Sierra Nevada. Final Report. Contract No. AF19(604)-728, University of California ADNo. 133606, Department of Meteorology, University of California: Los Angeles, CA. , .
- 2005. Observations of downslope winds and rotors in the Falkland Islands. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 131: 329–351. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. A flow regime diagram for forecasting lee waves, rotors and downslope winds, Meteorological Applications in press. , .
- 2004. Inversion effects on mountain lee waves. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 130: 1723–1748. .
- 1995. The onset of separation in neutral, turbulent flow over hills. Boundary-Layer Meteorology 76: 137–164. .
- 1993. The pressure force induced by neutral, turbulent flow over hills. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 119: 1233–1267. , .