Special Issue Article – HEPEX Workshop: Stresa, Italy, June 2007
On adapting PQPFs to fit hydrological needs: the case of flash flood forecasting
Article first published online: 19 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Special Issue: HEPEX Workshop: Stresa, Italy, June 2007
Volume 9, Issue 2, pages 73–79, April/June 2008
How to Cite
Marty, R., Zin, I. and Obled, Ch. (2008), On adapting PQPFs to fit hydrological needs: the case of flash flood forecasting. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 9: 73–79. doi: 10.1002/asl.176
- Issue published online: 10 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 19 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 11 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Received: 16 NOV 2007
- 1992. Rainfall-based real-time flood forecasting. Journal of Hydrology 131: 313–339. , , .
- 1979. A physically based variable contributing area model of basin hydrology. Hydrological Sciences Bulletin-Bulletin Des Sciences Hydrologiques 24(1): 43–69. , .
- 2006. An experiment of rainfall prediction over the Odra catchment by combining weather radar and a numerical weather model. In Proceedings of the 7th Conference on Hydroinformatics HIC2006, Nice, France, 2, 1375–1382. , , , .
- 1978. Ralston Creek hourly precipitation model. Water Resources Research 14(3): 485–490. , , .
- 2001. Flash flood forecasting with coupled precipitation model in mountainous mediterranean basin. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 6(1): 1–10. , , , .
- 1997. Flash flood forecasting -techniques and limitations. Proceedings of the IIIrd Jornades de Meteorologia Eduard Fontsere. Catalan Meteorological Society: Barcelona, Spain.
- 2006. Issues in the forecast and management of natural floods and flash floods. In Proceedings of the 7th Conference on Hydroinformatics HIC2006, Nice, France, 1, 91–101. .
- 1994. Real Time flood forecasting using a stochastic rainfall generator. Journal of Hydrology 162: 91–408. , .
- 2002. Quantitative precipitation Forecasts: a statistical adaptation of model outputs through an analog sorting approach. Journal of the Atmospheric Research 63(3/4): 303–324. , , .
- 2005. A hydrometeorological approach for probabilistic flood forecast. Journal of Geophysical Research 110: D05101. DOI: 10.1029/2004JD005314. , , , .