Special Issue Article – HEPEX Workshop: Stresa, Italy, June 2007
Error-correction methods and evaluation of an ensemble based hydrological forecasting system for the Upper Danube catchment
Article first published online: 30 APR 2008
Copyright © 2008 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Special Issue: HEPEX Workshop: Stresa, Italy, June 2007
Volume 9, Issue 2, pages 95–102, April/June 2008
How to Cite
Bogner, K. and Kalas, M. (2008), Error-correction methods and evaluation of an ensemble based hydrological forecasting system for the Upper Danube catchment. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 9: 95–102. doi: 10.1002/asl.180
- Issue published online: 10 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 12 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 11 JAN 2008
- 1991. Wavelet construction using lagrange halfband filters. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems 38(9): 1116–1118. , , .
- 1998. Wavelet-based feature extraction and decomposition strategies for financial forecasting. Journal of Computational Intelligence in Finance 6(2): 5–12. , , .
- 1997. Wavelets, their autocorrelation functions and multiresolution representation of signals. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 7: 147–164. , .
- 2002. Introduction to Time Series and Forecasting, 2nd edn. Springer: New York. , .
- 1998. Practical Time-frequency Analysis: Gabor and Wavelet Transforms with an Implementation in S. Academic Press: New York. , , .
- 1999. Lisflood: a rainfall-runoff model for large river basins to assess the influence of land use changes on flood risk. In RIBAMOD: River Basin Modelling, Modelling and Flood Mitigation, Concerted Action, BalabanisP, BronstertA, CasaleR, SamuelsP. (eds). 349–357. European Commission: EUR 18 287 EN. .
- 2002. LISFLOOD, a distributed water balance, flood simulation and flood inundation model. User manual version 1.0, European Commission, Special Publications No. I.02.131. , , .
- 2000. Physically-based river basin modelling within a gis: the lisflood model. Hydrological Processes 14: 1981–1992. , , .
- 1989. Symmetric iterative interpolation processes. Constructive Approximation 5(1): 49–68. , .
- 1986. Interpolation through an iterative scheme. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 114(1): 185–204. .
- 1987. An implementation of the “algorithme a trous” to compute the wavelet transform. In Wavelets: Time-frequency Methods and Phase Space, CombesJM, GrossmanA, TchamitchianPh (eds). Springer-Verlag: New York. .
- 1995. Combining var estimation and state space model reduction for simple good predictions. Journal of Forecasting: Special Issue on VAR Modelling 14: 229–250. .
- 2005. Assessing the performance of eight real-time updating models and procedures for the brosna river. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 9(4): 394–411. , , , .
- 1999. Status of automatic calibration for hydrologic models: Comparison with multilevel expert calibration. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 4(2): 135–143. , , .
- 1960. A new approach to linear filtering and prediction problems. Transactions of the ASME-Journal of Basic Engineering 82: 35–45. .
- 1961. New results in linear filtering and prediction theory. Transactions of the ASME-Journal of Basic Engineering 83: 95–107. , .
- 2005. Adaptive state updating in real-time river flow forecasting - a combined filtering and error forecasting procedure. Journal of Hydrology 308(2–4): 302–312. , .
- 2007. Model evaluation guidelines for systematic quantification of accuracy in watershed simulations. Transactions of the ASABE 50(3): 885–900. , , , , , .
- 1981. Adaptive hydrological forecasting—a review. Hydrological Sciences Bulletin 26(2): 179–205. , .
- 1997. Analysis of subtidal coastal sea level fluctuations using wavelets. Journal of the American Statistical Association 92(439): 868–880. , .
- 1997. Validation and intercomparison of different updating procedures for real-time forecasting. Nordic Hydrology 28: 65–84. .
- 1993. Multiresolution representations using the auto-correlation functions of compactly supported wavelets. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 41(12): 3584–3590. , .
- 2001. On the need for benchmarks in hydrological modelling. Hydrological Processes 15(6): 1063–1064. .
- 2006. A statistical post-processor for accounting of hydrologic uncertainty in short-range ensemble streamflow prediction. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions 3(4): 1987–2035, ISSN 1812–2108. URL http://www.hydrol-earth-syst-sci-discuss.net/3/1987/2006/. , , .
- 2000. Statistical properties and uses of the wavelet variance estimator for the scale analysis of time series. Journal of the American Statistical Association 95(449): 184–196. , , .
- 1992. The discrete wavelet transform: wedding the a trous and mallat algorithms. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 40(10): 2464–2482. .
- 2006. Time Series Analysis and its Applications: With R Examples, 2nd edn. Springer: New York. , .
- 1999. Real-time flood forecasting via combined use of conceptual and stochastic models. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth Part B 24(7): 793–798. , , .
- 2000. Wavelet analysis of covariance with application to atmospheric time series. Journal of Geophysical Research D: Atmospheres 105(D11): 14941–14962. , , .
- WMO. 1992. Simulated real-time intercomparison of hydrological models, Operational hydrology report no. 38. World Meteorological Organization: Geneva.