Special Issue Article - Joint HEPEX/COST731 workshop on downscaling NWP products and propagation of uncertainty in hydrological modelling, Toulouse, 2009
Visualizing flood forecasting uncertainty: some current European EPS platforms—COST731 working group 3
Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Special Issue: Special Issue: Joint HEPEX/COST731 workshop on downscaling NWP products and propagation of uncertainty in hydrological modelling, Toulouse, 2009
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 92–99, April 2010
Total views since August 2010: 0
How to Cite
Bruen, M., Krahe, P., Zappa, M., Olsson, J., Vehvilainen, B., Kok, K. and Daamen, K. (2010), Visualizing flood forecasting uncertainty: some current European EPS platforms—COST731 working group 3. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 11: 92–99. doi: 10.1002/asl.258
- Issue published online: 9 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 14 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 17 SEP 2009
- Research Frontiers Grant from Science Foundation Ireland. Grant Number: 07/RFP/ENMF292
- Swiss State Secretariat for Education and Research SER. Grant Number: C05.0105
- 1976. Development and application of a conceptual runoff model for Scandinavian catchments, SMHI Norrköping, Rapport RHO nr. 7. .
- 2000. Physically based river basin modelling within a GIS: the LISFLOOD model. Hydrological Processes 4: 1981–1992. , , .
- 2009. Ensemble radar precipitation estimation for hydrology in a mountainous region. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 135: 445–456. , , , .
- 2007. Deterministic evaluation of ensemble stream flow predictions in Sweden. Nordic Hydrology 38: 441–450. , , .
- 2010. Meteorological support for anticipatory water management. Atmospheric Research in press. , , .
- 1997. A simple automatic calibration routine for the HBV model. Nordic Hydrology 28: 153–168. .
- 1997. Development and test of the distributed HBV-96 model. Journal of Hydrology 201: 272–288. , , , , .
- 1982. Combination of a conceptual model and an autoregressive error model for improving short time forecasting. Nordic Hydrology 13: 233–246. .
- 2008. Evaluation and calibration of operational hydrological ensemble forecasts in Sweden. Journal of Hydrology 350: 14–24, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2007.11.010. , .
- 2007. Development of decision support products based on ensemble forecasts in the European Flood Alert System. Atmospheric Science Letters 8: 113–119. , , .
- 2010. Propagation of uncertainty from observing systems into NWP: COST-731 working group 1. Atmospheric Science Letters 11: 142–152. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. MAP D-PHASE: real-time demonstration of weather forecast quality in the alpine region. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 90: 1321–1336. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. The European Flood Alert System—part 1: concept and development. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 13: 125–140. , , , .
- 2005. Hydrological forecasting and real time monitoring in Finland: the watershed simulation and forecasting system (WSFS). In Innovation, Advances and Implementation of Flood Forecasting Technology, conference papers, Tromso, Norway, 17–19 October 2005. ISBN book 1-898485-13-5. , , .
- 2009. An introduction to the hydrological modelling system PREVAH and its pre- and post-processing tools. Environmental Modeling and Software 24: 1209–1222. , , , .
- 2008. MAP D-PHASE: real-time demonstration of hydrological ensemble prediction systems. Atmospheric Science Letters 2: 80–87. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Propagation of uncertainty from observing systems and NWP into hydrological models: COST-731 working group 2. Atmospheric Science Letters 11: 83–91. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .