Special Issue Article - Joint HEPEX/COST731 workshop on downscaling NWP products and propagation of uncertainty in hydrological modelling, Toulouse, 2009
Visualizing flood forecasting uncertainty: some current European EPS platforms—COST731 working group 3
Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Special Issue: Special Issue: Joint HEPEX/COST731 workshop on downscaling NWP products and propagation of uncertainty in hydrological modelling, Toulouse, 2009
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 92–99, April 2010
How to Cite
Bruen, M., Krahe, P., Zappa, M., Olsson, J., Vehvilainen, B., Kok, K. and Daamen, K. (2010), Visualizing flood forecasting uncertainty: some current European EPS platforms—COST731 working group 3. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 11: 92–99. doi: 10.1002/asl.258
- Issue published online: 9 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 14 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 17 SEP 2009
- Research Frontiers Grant from Science Foundation Ireland. Grant Number: 07/RFP/ENMF292
- Swiss State Secretariat for Education and Research SER. Grant Number: C05.0105
- 1976. Development and application of a conceptual runoff model for Scandinavian catchments, SMHI Norrköping, Rapport RHO nr. 7. .
- 2000. Physically based river basin modelling within a GIS: the LISFLOOD model. Hydrological Processes 4: 1981–1992. , , .
- 2009. Ensemble radar precipitation estimation for hydrology in a mountainous region. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 135: 445–456. , , , .
- 2007. Deterministic evaluation of ensemble stream flow predictions in Sweden. Nordic Hydrology 38: 441–450. , , .
- 2010. Meteorological support for anticipatory water management. Atmospheric Research in press. , , .
- 1997. A simple automatic calibration routine for the HBV model. Nordic Hydrology 28: 153–168. .
- 1997. Development and test of the distributed HBV-96 model. Journal of Hydrology 201: 272–288. , , , , .
- 1982. Combination of a conceptual model and an autoregressive error model for improving short time forecasting. Nordic Hydrology 13: 233–246. .
- 2008. Evaluation and calibration of operational hydrological ensemble forecasts in Sweden. Journal of Hydrology 350: 14–24, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2007.11.010. , .
- 2007. Development of decision support products based on ensemble forecasts in the European Flood Alert System. Atmospheric Science Letters 8: 113–119. , , .
- 2010. Propagation of uncertainty from observing systems into NWP: COST-731 working group 1. Atmospheric Science Letters 11: 142–152. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. MAP D-PHASE: real-time demonstration of weather forecast quality in the alpine region. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 90: 1321–1336. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. The European Flood Alert System—part 1: concept and development. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 13: 125–140. , , , .
- 2005. Hydrological forecasting and real time monitoring in Finland: the watershed simulation and forecasting system (WSFS). In Innovation, Advances and Implementation of Flood Forecasting Technology, conference papers, Tromso, Norway, 17–19 October 2005. ISBN book 1-898485-13-5. , , .
- 2009. An introduction to the hydrological modelling system PREVAH and its pre- and post-processing tools. Environmental Modeling and Software 24: 1209–1222. , , , .
- 2008. MAP D-PHASE: real-time demonstration of hydrological ensemble prediction systems. Atmospheric Science Letters 2: 80–87. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Propagation of uncertainty from observing systems and NWP into hydrological models: COST-731 working group 2. Atmospheric Science Letters 11: 83–91. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .