This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the U.S.A.
Special Issue Article - Joint HEPEX/COST731 workshop on downscaling NWP products and propagation of uncertainty in hydrological modelling, Toulouse, 2009
Diagnostic verification of hydrometeorological and hydrologic ensembles†
Version of Record online: 6 APR 2010
This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the U.S.A. Published in 2010 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Atmospheric Science Letters
Special Issue: Special Issue: Joint HEPEX/COST731 workshop on downscaling NWP products and propagation of uncertainty in hydrological modelling, Toulouse, 2009
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 114–122, April 2010
How to Cite
Demargne, J., Brown, J., Liu, Y., Seo, D.-J., Wu, L., Toth, Z. and Zhu, Y. (2010), Diagnostic verification of hydrometeorological and hydrologic ensembles. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 11: 114–122. doi: 10.1002/asl.261
- Issue online: 9 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 6 APR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 18 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 30 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JAN 2009
- Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service (AHPS)
- 2010. The Ensemble Verification System (EVS): a software tool for verifying ensemble forecasts of hydrometeorological and hydrologic variables at discrete locations. Accepted for publication in Environmental Modelling and Software. , , , .
- 2004. The Schaake Shuffle: a method for reconstructing space-time variability in forecasted precipitation and temperature fields. Journal of Hydrometeorology 5: 243–262. , , , , .
- 2009. Ensemble flood forecasting: a review. Journal of Hydrology 375: 613–626. , .
- 2009. Application of Forecast Verification Science to Operational River Forecasting in the U.S. National Weather Service. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 90(6): 779–784. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Experimental hydrometeorological and hydrologic ensemble forecasts and their verification in the U.S. National Weather Service. Quantification and Reduction of Predictive Uncertainty for Sustainable Water Resources Management (Proceedings of Symposium HS2004 at IUGG2007, Perugia, July 2007). IAHS Publication 313 177–187. , , , .
- 2005. Model calibration and uncertainty estimation. In, Encyclopedia of Hydrological Sciences, AndersonM (ed.) John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.: Chichester, UK; 2015–2032. , , .
- 2006. Reforecasts: an important data set for improving weather predictions. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 87(1): 33–46. , , .
- 2000. Decomposition of the continuous ranked probability score for ensemble prediction systems. Weather and Forecasting 15: 559–570. .
- 2003. Forecast Verification. A Practitioner's Guide in Atmospheric Science. John Wiley and Sons Ltd: Chichester, UK. , .
- National Research Council of the National Academies (NRC). 2006. Completing the Forecast: Characterizing and Communicating Uncertainty for Better Decisions Using Weather and Climate Forecasts. http://www.nap.edu/, accessed 01/21/10.
- 2008. Hydrological aspects of meteorological verification. Atmospheric Science Letters 9: 43–52. , , .
- 2007. Precipitation and temperature ensemble forecasts from single-value forecasts. Hydrology and Earth Systems Sciences Discussions 4: 655–717. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Hydrologic verification: A call for action and collaboration. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 88: 503–511. , , , .
- 2006. Statistical Methods in Atmospheric Sciences (2nd ed.). Academic Press: San Diego. .