Summary of recommendations of the first workshop on Postprocessing and Downscaling Atmospheric Forecasts for Hydrologic Applications held at Météo-France, Toulouse, France, 15–18 June 2009
Article first published online: 10 JUN 2010
Copyright © 2010 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Special Issue: Special Issue: Joint HEPEX/COST731 workshop on downscaling NWP products and propagation of uncertainty in hydrological modelling, Toulouse, 2009
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 59–63, April 2010
How to Cite
Schaake, J., Pailleux, J., Thielen, J., Arritt, R., Hamill, T., Luo, L., Martin, E., McCollor, D. and Pappenberger, F. (2010), Summary of recommendations of the first workshop on Postprocessing and Downscaling Atmospheric Forecasts for Hydrologic Applications held at Météo-France, Toulouse, France, 15–18 June 2009. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 11: 59–63. doi: 10.1002/asl.267
- Issue published online: 10 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 10 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Received: 1 FEB 2010
- 2010. Horizontal resolution impact on short- and long-range forecast error. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society under revision. .
- 2005. A comparison of the ECMWF, MSC, and NCEP global ensemble prediction systems. Monthly Weather Review 133: 1076–1097. , , , , , .
- 1999. Stochastic representation of model uncertainties in the ECMWF ensemble prediction system. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 125: 2887–2908. , , .
- 2009. Ensemble Flood Forecasting: a review. Journal of Hydrology 375: 613–626. , .
- 2007. Probabilistic forecasts, calibration and sharpness. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B-Statistical Methodology 69: 243–268. , , ,
- 2007. Probabilistic forecast calibration using ECMWF and GFS ensemble forecasts Part I: 2-meter temperature. Monthly Weather Review 136: 2608–2619. , , .
- 2004. Ensemble reforecasting: improving medium-range forecast skill using retrospective forecasts. Monthly Weather Review 132: 1434–1447. , , .
- 2006. Probabilistic quantitative precipitation forecasts based on reforecast analogs: theory and application. Monthly Weather Review 134: 3209–3229. , .
- 2006. The Hydrologic Ensemble Prediction EXperiment (HEPEX). Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions 3: 3321–3332. , , , .
- 2007. HEPEX—The hydrological ensemble prediction experiment. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 88(10): 1541–1547. , , , .
- 2008. Aims, challenges and progress of the Hydrological Ensemble Prediction Experiment (HEPEX) following the third HEPEX workshop held in Stresa, 27 to 29 June 2007. Atmos. Sci. Let. 9(2): 29–35. , , , .
- 2006. Statistical Methods in the Atmospheric Sciences, 2nd ed. Elsevier Academic Press: 627. .