This article is a US Government work and is in the public domain in the USA.
The record-breaking cold temperatures during the winter of 2009/2010 in the Northern Hemisphere†
Article first published online: 8 JUL 2010
Published 2010 by John Wiley and Sons, Ltd.
Atmospheric Science Letters
Volume 11, Issue 3, pages 161–168, July/September 2010
Total views since August 2010: 71
How to Cite
Wang, C., Liu, H. and Lee, S.-K. (2010), The record-breaking cold temperatures during the winter of 2009/2010 in the Northern Hemisphere. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 11: 161–168. doi: 10.1002/asl.278
- Issue published online: 8 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 8 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 19 APR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 APR 2010
- Manuscript Received: 24 FEB 2010
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- NOAA Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory (AOML)
- 2001. The Atlantic multidecadal oscillation and its relationship to rainfall and river flows in the continental US. Geophysical Research Letters 28: 2077–2080. , , .
- 2000. Is interannual zonal mean flow variability simply climate noise? Journal of Climate 13: 2356–2362. .
- 2001. Tropical origins for recent North Atlantic climate change. Science 292: 90–92. , , .
- 1995. Decadal trends in the North Atlantic Oscillation: regional temperature and precipitation. Science 269: 676–679. .
- 2008. Reconsideration of the true versus apparent Arctic Oscillation. Journal of Climate 21: 2047–2062. .
- 1996. The NCEP/NCAR 40-year reanalysis project. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 77: 437–471. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. A Pacific interdecadal climate oscillation with impacts on salmon production. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 78: 1069–1079. , , , , .
- 2001. Tropical Atlantic air-sea interaction and its influence on the NAO. Geophysical Research Letters 28: 1507–1510. , , , .
- 1999. Oceanic forcing of the wintertime North Atlantic oscillation and European climate. Nature 398: 320–323. , , .
- 2008. Improvements to NOAA's historical merged land-ocean surface temperature analysis (1880–2006). Journal of Climate 21: 2283–2296. , , , .
- 1999. Ocean-atmosphere variability over the Pan-Atlantic basin. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 77: 31–46. , .
- 1998. The arctic oscillation signature in the wintertime geopotential height and temperature fields. Geophysical Research Letters 25: 1297–1300. , .
- 2001. Regional impacts of the Northern Hemisphere annular mode. Science 293: 85–89. , .
- 1932. World weather V. Memoirs of the Royal Meteorological Society 4: 53–83. , .
- 2000. North Atlantic Oscillation/Annular Mode: two paradigms—one phenomenon. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 126: 791–805. .
- 2002. Atlantic climate variability and its associated atmospheric circulation cells. Journal of Climate 15: 1516–1536. .
- 2005. Winter Northern Hemisphere surface air temperature variability associated the Arctic Oscillation and North Atlantic Oscillation. Geophysical Research Letters 32: L16706. DOI: 10.1029/2005GL022952. , , , .
- 1999. A hemispheric-scale quasi-decadal oscillation and its signature in northern Japan. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 77: 573–582. , , .
- 1998. A pan-Atlantic decadal climate oscillation. Geophysical Research Letters 25: 2185–2188. , .