Relationship between ESI tendency and Indian monsoon rainfall: a possible mechanism
Version of Record online: 3 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 22–28, January/March 2012
How to Cite
Kakade, S. B. and Kulkarni, A. (2012), Relationship between ESI tendency and Indian monsoon rainfall: a possible mechanism. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 13: 22–28. doi: 10.1002/asl.357
- Issue online: 18 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 3 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 27 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 26 OCT 2010
- 1978. On foreshadowing southwest monsoon rainfall over India with mid-tropospheric circulation anomaly of April. Indian Journal of Meteorology, Hydrology and Geophysics 29: 425–431. , , .
- 1986. Forecasting of monsoon performance over India. Journal of Climatology 6: 347–354. , , , .
- 1884. On the connexion of the Himalaya snowfall with dry winds and seasons of drought in India. Proceedings of the Royal Society, London 37: 3. .
- Climate of the Soviet Union. 1976. World Survey of Climatology Volume 7, (ed). Elsevier: Amsterdam.
- 2009. Pre-monsoon zonal wind Index over Tibetan Plateau and sub-seasonal Indian summer monsoon rainfall variability. Geophysical Research Letters 36:L11809, 1–4. , , .
- 1999. Global temperature and monsoon activity. Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences (Earth and Planetary Sciences) 108: 303–307. , .
- 2004. Antarctica sea ice and monsoon variability. Journal of Radio and Space Physics 73: 306–309. , .
- 1990. Global annual mean surface air temperature anomalies and their link with the Indian summer monsoon failures. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences 7: 245–248. , , .
- 1993. New predictor for long-range forecasting of Indian summer monsoon. Vatavaran 15: 6–9. , , .
- 1997. Interannual and long-term variability in north Atlantic oscillation and Indian summer monsoon rainfall. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 58: 21–29. , , .
- 1991. A power regression models for long range forecast of southwest monsoon rainfall over India. Masaum 42: 125–130. , , , , , .
- 1989. Parametric and power regression models—new approach to long range forecasting. Masaum 40: 115–122. , , , , .
- 2000. Simultaneous effect of NAO and SO on the monsoon activity over India. Geophysical Research Letters 27: 3501–3504. , .
- 2006. Spatial monsoon variability with respect to NAO and SO. Journal of Earth System Science 115: 601–606. , .
- 1997. Pre-monsoon maximum and minimum temperature over India in relation to the summer monsoon rainfall. International Journal of Climatology 17: 1115–1127. , , .
- 1995. Seasonal forecasting of Indian summer monsoon: a review. Weather 12: 449–467. , , .
- 1982. Long-range forecasting of the Indian summer monsoon onset and rainfall with upper air conditions. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 60: 672–681. , .
- 1994. Coupled land}ocean}atmosphere processes and south Asian monsoon variability. Science 266: 263–267. .
- 1997. The south Asian monsoon and the tropospheric biennial oscillation. Journal of Climate 10: 1921–1943. .
- 2007. Long range prediction of Indian summer monsoon rainfall. Journal of Earth System Science 116: 73–79. , .
- 1998. Ocean-atmosphere index for ENSO and its relation to Indian monsoon rainfall. Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences (Earth and Planetary Sciences) 107: 91–96. , .
- 1988. Prediction of all-India summer monsoon rainfall with regional and large scale parameters. Journal of Geophysical Research 93(D5): 5341–5350. , , .
- 1991. Indian summer monsoon rainfall and 200 mb meridional wind index: application for long range prediction. International Journal of Climatology 11: 165–176. , , .
- 2005. New statistical models for long range forecasting of southwest monsoon rainfall over India. National Climate Centre Research Report. , , .
- 1986. Long-range forecasting of monsoon rainfall in India. World Meteorological Organisation, Geneva WMO/TD 87: 723–732. .