This article has been contributed to by US Government employees and their work is in the public domain in the USA.
What is the relationship between China summer precipitation and the change of apparent heat source over the Tibetan Plateau?
Version of Record online: 21 JUN 2013
© 2013 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 227–234, October/December 2013
How to Cite
Xu, X., Lu, C., Ding, Y., Shi, X., Guo, Y. and Zhu, W. (2013), What is the relationship between China summer precipitation and the change of apparent heat source over the Tibetan Plateau?. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 14: 227–234. doi: 10.1002/asl2.444
- Issue online: 24 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 3 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 9 JAN 2013
- Key Project of Nature Science Fund of China. Grant Number: 41130960
- Sci.-Tech. Cooperative Project. Grant Number: 2009DFB20540
- Social Commonweal Profession Research Program of Ministry of Science and Technology of the People's Republic of China. Grant Number: GYHY201006009
- Key Project of Basic Scientific Research and Operation fund of the Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences. Grant Number: 2011Z001
- 2009. Suppression of south Asian summer monsoon precipitation in the 21st century. Geophysical Research Letters 36: L01704, DOI: 10.1029/2008GL036500. , , , , , , .
- 1989. The effect of Eurasian snow cover on regional and global climate variations. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 46: 661–685. , , , , .
- 2008. The spatiotemporal structure of twentieth-century climate variations in observations and reanalyses Part I: long-term trend. Journal of Climate 21: 2611–2633. , , , .
- 2010. Weakening of the Asian summer monsoon and its impact on the precipitation pattern in China. International Journal of Water Resources Development 26: 423–439. , , , .
- 2011. Persistent weakening trend in the spring sensible heat source over the Tibetan Plateau and its impact on the Asian summer monsoon. Journal of Climate 24: 5671–5681. , , , .
- 2013. Trends in summer rainfall over China associated with the Tibetan Plateau sensible heat source during 1980–2008. Journal of Climate 26: 261–275. , , , .
- 2005. Natural interdecadal weakening of East Asian summer monsoon in the late 20th century. Chinese Science Bulletin 50: 1923–1929. , .
- 1996. The NCEP/NCAR 40-year reanalysis project. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 77: 437–471. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. The onset and interannual variability of the Asian summer monsoon in relation to land–sea thermal contrast. Journal of Climate 9: 358–375. , .
- 2007. The Relationship between the intensity of surface heating fields over the Qinghai-Xizang Plateau and ENSO cycle (in Chinese). Plateau Meteorology 26(9): 36–45. , , .
- 2010. Responses of East Asian summer monsoon to historical SST and atmospheric forcing during 1950–2000. Climate Dynamics 34: 501–514, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-008-0482-7. , , , .
- 2012. Revisiting Asian monsoon formation and change associated with Tibetan Plateau forcing: II. Change. Climate Dynamics 39: 1183–1195. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Response of the Asian Summer monsoon to weakening of Atlantic thermohaline circulation. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences 25: 723–736. , .
- 2002. A high-resolution data set of surface climate over global land areas. Climate Research 21: 1–25. , , , .
- 2005. The effect of ENSO on Tibetan Plateau snow depth: a stationary wave teleconnection mechanism and implications for the South Asian monsoons. Journal of Climate 18: 2067–2079. , .
- 2008. Tibetan Plateau warming and precipitation change in East Asia. Geophysical Research Letters 35: L14702, DOI: 10.1029/2008GL034330. , , , , .
- 1998. Tibetan Plateau forcing and the Asian monsoon onset over South Asia and South China Sea. Monthly Weather Review 126: 913–927. , .
- 2010. Plateau-monsoon water vapor transport for Meiyu rainfall. In Advances in Environmental Research, Vol. 2. Nova Science Publishers: New York. , .
- 2008. World water tower: an atmospheric perspective. Geophysical Research Letters 35: L20815, DOI: 10.1029/2008GL035867. , , , .
- 2010. The large-scale topography of China: a factor for seasonal march of the Meiyu-Baiu-Changma in East Asia. Journal of Geophysical Research 115: D02110, DOI: 10.1029/JD012444. , , , .
- 1993. Impacts of cumulus convection on thermodynamic fields. In The Representation of Cumulus Convection in Numerical Models of the Atmosphere, Emanuel KA, Raymond DJ (eds), Vol. 24. AMS Monograph; 39–62. , .
- 1998. Seasonal and interannual variability of atmospheric heat sources and moisture sinks as determined from NCEP–NCAR reanalysis. Journal of Climate 11: 463–482. , .
- 2004. Tropospheric cooling and summer monsoon weakening trend over East Asia. Geophysical Research Letters 31: L22212, DOI: 10.1029/2004GL021270. , , .
- 2001. Role of atmospheric heat source/sink over the Qinghai-Xizang Plateau in Quasi-4 year oscillation of atmosphere-land-ocean interaction. Chinese Science Bulletin 46(3): 241–245. , .
- 2008. Changes in global land monsoon area and total rainfall accumulation over the last half century. Geophysical Research Letters 35: L16707, DOI: 10.1029/2008GL034881. , , .