Equiratio cumulative distribution function matching as an improvement to the equidistant approach in bias correction of precipitation
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2013
© 2013 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Volume 15, Issue 1, pages 1–6, January/March 2014
How to Cite
Wang, L. and Chen, W. (2014), Equiratio cumulative distribution function matching as an improvement to the equidistant approach in bias correction of precipitation. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 15: 1–6. doi: 10.1002/asl2.454
- Issue online: 21 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 4 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 APR 2013
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 41025017, 41230527
- 2012. Bias correction of high resolution regional climate model data. Journal of Hydrology: 448–449, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2012.04.026. , , .
- 2012. CGCM projections of heavy rainfall events in China. International Journal of Climatology 32: 441–450, DOI: 10.1002/joc.2278. , , , .
- 2008. On the need for bias correction of regional climate change projections of temperature and precipitation. Geophysical Research Letters 35: L20709, DOI: 10.1029/2008GL035694. , , , .
- 2007. Using regional climate model data to simulate historical and future river flows in northwest England. Climatic Change 80: 337–367, DOI: 10.1007/s10584-006-9117-3. , .
- 2011. Nonparametric Statistical Inference, 5th ed. Boca Raton, FL: Chapman & Hall/CRC Press. , .
- 2000. Statistical Modelling with Quantile Functions. Chapman & Hall/CRC Press: Boca Raton, FL. .
- 2012. Technical note: downscaling RCM precipitation to the station scale using statistical transformations—A comparison of methods. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 16(9): 3383–3390, DOI: 10.5194/hess-16-3383-2012. , , , .
- 2013. Updated high-resolution grids of monthly climatic observations — the CRU TS3.10 dataset. International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.3711. , , , .
- 2012. Bias correction of daily precipitation simulated by a regional climate model: a comparison of methods. International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.3518. , , , .
- 2010. Bias correction of monthly precipitation and temperature fields from Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change AR4 models using equidistant quantile matching. Journal of Geophysical Research 115: D10101, DOI: 10.1029/2009JD012882. , , .
- 2008. Utility of daily vs. monthly large-scale climate data: an intercomparison of two statistical downscaling methods. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 12: 551–563, DOI: 10.5194/hess-12-551-2008. , .
- 2010. The next generation of scenarios for climate change research and assessment. Nature 463: 747–756, DOI: 10.1038/nature08823. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Statistical bias correction for daily precipitation in regional climate models over Europe. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 99(1–2): 187–192, DOI: 10.1007/s00704-009-0134-9. , , .
- 2012. Changes in climate extremes and their impacts on the natural physical environment. In Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation: A Special Report of Working Groups I and II of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge. , .
- 2007. Spatial disaggregation of bias-corrected GCM precipitation for improved hydrologic simulation: Ping River Basin, Thailand. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 11: 1373–1390, DOI: 10.5194/hessd-4-35-2007. , , .
- 2011. Hydroclimatic projections for the Murray-Darling Basin based on an ensemble derived from Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change AR4 climate models. Water Resources Research 47: W00G02, DOI: 10.1029/2010WR009829. , , , .
- 2012. Intercomparison of bias-correction methods for monthly temperature and precipitation simulated by multiple climate models. Journal of Geophysical Research 117: D23114, DOI: 10.1029/2012JD018192. , , , , , .
- 2002. Long-range experimental hydrologic forecasting for the eastern United States. Journal of Geophysical Research 107(D20): 4429, DOI: 10.1029/2001JD0000659. , , , .
- 2004. Hydrologic implications of dynamical and statistical approaches to downscaling climate model outputs. Climatic Change 62(1–3): 189–216, DOI: 10.1023/B:CLIM.0000013685.99609.9e. , , , .