Trends in precipitation extremes during the typhoon season in Taiwan over the last 60 years
Article first published online: 19 SEP 2013
© 2013 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Volume 15, Issue 1, pages 37–43, January/March 2014
How to Cite
Chu, P.-S., Chen, D.-J. and Lin, P.-L. (2014), Trends in precipitation extremes during the typhoon season in Taiwan over the last 60 years. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 15: 37–43. doi: 10.1002/asl2.464
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 19 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 9 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 APR 2013
- 2006. Global observed changes in daily climate extremes of temperature and precipitation. Journal of Geophysical Research 111: D05109. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2012. Tropical cyclone and extreme rainfall trends in East Asian summer monsoon since mid-20th century. Geophysical Research Letters 39: L18702. , , , , .
- 2013. Large increasing trend of tropical cyclone rainfall in Taiwan and the role of terrain. Journal of Climate 26: 4138–4147. , , .
- 2003. The rainfall characteristics of Taiwan. Monthly Weather Review 131: 1323–1341. , .
- 2007. Statistics of rainfall occurrences in Taiwan. Weather and Forecasting 22: 981–1002. , , , .
- 2011. Interdecadal variability of summer rainfall in Taiwan associated with tropical cyclones and monsoon. Journal of Climate 24: 5786–5798. , .
- 2004. Characteristics of heavy summer rainfall in southwestern Taiwan in relation to orographic effects. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 82: 1521–1543. , , .
- 2002. The interannual variability in the genesis locations of tropical cyclones in the northwest Pacific. Journal of Climate 15: 2934–2944. , .
- 2010. Depth of convection and the weakening of tropical circulation to global warming. Journal of Climate 23: 3019–3030. , .
- 2010a. Changes in precipitation extremes in the Hawaiian Islands in a warming climate. Journal of Climate 23: 4881–4900. , , .
- 2010b. Regional typhoon activity as revealed by track patterns and climate change. In Hurricanes and Climate Change, Elsner JB et al. (eds), Vol. 2. Springer: New York; 137–148. , , .
- 2012. Have steering flows over the western North Pacific and the South China Sea changed over the last 50 years? Geophysical Research Letters 39: L10704. , , .
- 2002. Observed coherent changes in climatic extremes during the second half of the twentieth century. Climate Research 19: 193–212. et al.
- 2012. Changes of the prevailing trade winds over the islands of Hawaii and the North Pacific. Journal of Geophysical Research 117: D11109. , , , .
- 2007. Variations of twentieth-century temperature and precipitation extreme indicators in the northeast United States. Journal of Climate 20: 5401–5417. , .
- 2006. Robust responses of the hydrological cycle to global warming. Journal of Climate 19: 5686–5699. , .
- 2009. Temperature dependence of global precipitation extremes. Geophysical Research Letters 36: L17702. , , , , .
- 2009. Diurnally asymmetric trends of temperature, humidity, and precipitation in Taiwan. Journal of Climate 22: 5635–5649. , , .
- 2009. Abrupt shifts of typhoon activity in the vicinity of Taiwan and its association with the western North Pacific-East Asia climate change. Journal of Climate 22: 3617–3628. , , .