Influence of tropical cyclone ‘AILA’ on atmospheric surface layer turbulence and fluxes at Ranchi during its landfall
Article first published online: 25 NOV 2013
© 2013 Royal Meteorological Society
Atmospheric Science Letters
Volume 15, Issue 1, pages 72–78, January/March 2014
How to Cite
Murthy, B. S., Latha, R. and Kumar, M. (2014), Influence of tropical cyclone ‘AILA’ on atmospheric surface layer turbulence and fluxes at Ranchi during its landfall. Atmosph. Sci. Lett., 15: 72–78. doi: 10.1002/asl2.474
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 25 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 19 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 SEP 2013
- IMD. 2010. Severe Cyclonic Storm, AILA: A Preliminary Report. India Meteorological Department: New Delhi.
- 1972. Spectral characteristics of surface-layer turbulence. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 98: 563–598. , , , .
- 2009. Do tropical cyclones intensify by WISHE? Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 135(644): 1697–1714. , , , .
- 1988. An Introduction to Boundary Layer Meteorology. Kluwer Academic Publishers: Dordrecht; 666 pp. .
- 1957. Power spectrum of horizontal wind speed in the frequency range from 0.0007 to 900 cycles per hour. Journal of Meteorology 14: 160–164. .
- 2008. Hurricane wind power spectra, cospectra, and integral length scales. Boundary Layer Meteorology 129: 411–430. , , .