INSAR is the major professional, scientific organization devoted to advancing knowledge about autism spectrum disorders. We offer the following benefits to members:
- Organization of the annual International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR). Members of INSAR do not pay for submitting abstracts and receive a reduced registration fee
- Free online access to our flagship journal: Autism Research
- Access to members only sections of the INSAR website
- Complimentary job postings on the website
- Eligibility to vote in elections and participate in committee activities
- Eligibility to serve as abstract reviewers, submit applications for Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and Educational Symposia
- Access to session recordings from past IMFAR meetings (through myINSAR)
- Eligibility to apply for INSAR Travel Awards
As we move forward into the second decade since we launched our society, we are working toward meeting the goals set by recently developed strategic initiatives.
- Setting the Bar—INSAR will promote and enhance the highest quality research agenda at the society's annual meeting and in the society journal
- Expanding the Scope—INSAR will cultivate cross-cutting breadth of research from basic science to service delivery that encompasses the range of ages and diversity of ASD.
- Global Reach—INSAR will expand the scope of its activities to encompass global perspectives on ASD.
- Next Generation—INSAR will foster opportunities for leadership and career development for the next generation of ASD researchers.
- Building Identity—INSAR will grow its membership and organizational identity
We have already made significant strides on each of these initiatives. We have also launched our new website—please visit it soon, and consider how you might want to contribute new content to enhance its value for all our members and other stakeholders in the autism research community.
IMFAR 2013 is just around the corner—May 2–4 (Note the dates)! This will be a first for us, a meeting held in a country where English is not the primary language—we'll be in Donostia/San Sebastian, in Spain—one of the most gorgeous and culturally rich cities in the world. Visit the INSAR website for regular updates on information about the meeting.